MY other hobby....of sorts

Here are a few pictures of some cars that were in the KOH (King Of the Hammers) race held last February...

The skins on this truck lasted 30 miles before being almost completely torn off.........
KOH011.jpg

If any of you watch Extreme 4x4 on SpikeTV...This is Ian Johnson's, the host of the shows car
KOH009.jpg

This is a shot of some of the cars stagin gat the starting line
KOH006.jpg

This is a shot of Boone road to those familiar with Means DL...it had rained the previous 2 days
KOH005.jpg

Nice pics Rez! Those are some nice looking off-roaders..

Yea, I screwed up and left my camera in the Bronco when we climbed THE HILL OF DEATH to watch the race...when I figured out I did that I told myself NO way, I'm climbing it once and that was enough. I took some shots wih mu buddies cam. I'll try and have him send them to me...so I can share!

:rocker: that looks like a lot of fun.. even just to watch let alone have a bad ass vehicle that can do it.

Yeah...I'm more of a desert race fan (speed freak) and my buddies more of the slower rock crawler type...this race is the best of both worlds. I'm hoping to mod out my Bronco to the point of looking like that Silverado or go completely without sheet metal! Right now it's a good 4x4 for getting us around a lot of the stuff but not the gnarly stuff...

Here are some more shots of the KOH race. It was amazing to see in person!! Me and 5,000 of my closest friends!! :banana:

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

We stopped off there before going ove rto Chocolate Thunder...(NO PBK, not that)...Campbell is an absolute crazed man behind the wheel......Wasn't the "SEA" of campers amazing?

We stopped off there before going ove rto Chocolate Thunder...(NO PBK, not that)...Campbell is an absolute crazed man behind the wheel......Wasn't the "SEA" of campers amazing?

Yes it was. Here is apic of the Staging Area. Simply amazing how many people there were crammed into this area.

IMG_0089.jpg

Yes it was. Here is apic of the Staging Area. Simply amazing how many people there were crammed into this area.

IMG_0089.jpg

How many people did they say 25000 estimated? something like that?...........I have a place right across the highway...we went Wed and Thurs night to check out the vendor tent...on the way out Thur night there were class A rigs pulling trailers with crawlers on them looking for a place...any place to pull over...I saw a guy unhook his trailer i the road, then drove his MH over the berm (no trail, just an open space) between a couple pucker bushes and heard him say "we'll deal with diggin her ought on Sunday"...That's what I'm talkin about!

awsome pics valk. and the last post... its a CITY now :rocker: i know not as many but for some reason im reminded of Glamis Competition hill back in the 90's on a big weekend it turned into a city at night.

looks like lots of fun was had... proly a few fights as well but that goes with the territory i guess.

Between observers? Never saw any...We actually had a deputy next to us at the spot where those action shots were taken and he said aside from a few D.I.P.'s it was for the most part pretty calm!