My new futuristic house

James. I think that is cool... to a point. If you look at a lot people today in the mainstream society, they walk through a lot of life focusing on their multi-media devices with ear-buds oblivious to real life. You can smack them in the head with a baseball bat and most wouldn't know WTF happened until they came too! It bugs me that whatever they are tuned into is more interesting than the life that surrounds them. It's like their own thoughts aren't good enough to pass the time of day...
I like a nice cup of coffee in the morning and I make breakfast in my boxers and don't want to have every neuron in my brain focused on every facet of the world and everyone I know at 6:00am. Or any other time for that matter!
That future James better be by choice! If I touch things in my house, I don't want them to schpeil me multi-media bullshit! If they do, I'm going to need a bigger hammer. Because you know it will be rife with advertising and skewed with things tailored to what you like based on your most frequent downloads.
I'm not opinionated! :devil:

I'm with ya Buck. But, did you have to go there, now I've got this image in my head that's going to be there all day. :doh:

James. I think that is cool... to a point. If you look at a lot people today in the mainstream society, they walk through a lot of life focusing on their multi-media devices with ear-buds oblivious to real life. You can smack them in the head with a baseball bat and most wouldn't know WTF happened until they came too! It bugs me that whatever they are tuned into is more interesting than the life that surrounds them. It's like their own thoughts aren't good enough to pass the time of day...
I like a nice cup of coffee in the morning and I make breakfast in my boxers and don't want to have every neuron in my brain focused on every facet of the world and everyone I know at 6:00am. Or any other time for that matter!
That future James better be by choice! If I touch things in my house, I don't want them to schpeil me multi-media bullshit! If they do, I'm going to need a bigger hammer. Because you know it will be rife with advertising and skewed with things tailored to what you like based on your most frequent downloads.
I'm not opinionated! :devil:
I could not agree with you more on this. :thumb: I am so tired of seeing every person on the street, in the store or where ever they may be having their electronic gizmo in their face. I am not a big fan of electronic bullshit and it always breaks anyways. My really neat Electrolux range hood with it's electronic touchpad took a crap in 22 months and they don't even want to stand behind their parts. Leave me out of this modern crap. :prof:

i can care less what other people are doing. I dont understand why other random people on their devices bother you guys.

i have always lived by the rule of To each their own. If you want to miss out on real life and stay home playing a fantasy out thats fine by me.. dont bother me none. I like my new fangdangled gizmo's I think they are cool. Dont mean i spend every dam minute of my life on em tho. There is a time and place to use such things. I give my wife shit all the time for being on her phone too much.

what buck says is true tho. They did tests where they had people on a college campus use a phone while walking through a crowded area. Then they sent a clown on a unicycle juggling bowling pins through the crowd. i think it was something like 95% of the people on their phones never recognized the clown. and on otp of it they would not belive that there was a clown 2 feet from them untill they were shown the video of it. :lol:.

I'm with ya Buck. But, did you have to go there, now I've got this image in my head that's going to be there all day. :doh:
Timoyz: Get over It !It's what it is! Let's move on! Old fucks still ride, and we are as good as we seem! At least my mind!! :ride:

:thumb: I like to buy crap that I have no flipping idea how to operate. :lol: still haven't even tried to turn on the Go-Pro that I got a while ago. Just consider yourself fortunate that I can manage to log on here....:lol:

i know lots of people like you. Myself, when i get a new gadget i will play with it all dam day till i figure it out.,... just did that with the Garmin 60csx GPS i just got.