My new futuristic house

James

Staff member
Holy crap! Does that stuff already exist?
I'd venture to say that most of it does, but only in labs and you need a boat load of cash. For example I know that the tech is already here to wirelessly charge your phone.

Also a hologram of sorts has been created, however it takes like 10-20 mins to refresh the image.

I'd venture to say that most of it does, but only in labs and you need a boat load of cash. For example I know that the tech is already here to wirelessly charge your phone.

Also a hologram of sorts has been created, however it takes like 10-20 mins to refresh the image.

That makes sense, SO there IS quite the possibility that this will be avaliable eventually.

Some might be close, but most of it is far off if really possible at all. Well at least as it was shown. I'm not holding my breath.

one thing I thought was off was when the guy answered he phone and it was his mom, then he passes the phone to the counter and transfers the call to the counter top, not the call transfer cause we have that capability to hand a cell phone call over to our VOIP system but the Video is what I thought was bogus, there was no camera on the counter for her to see the kids, but then again maybe she couldn't see the kids but it was implied from what I saw. :noidea:

James

Staff member
one thing I thought was off was when the guy answered he phone and it was his mom, then he passes the phone to the counter and transfers the call to the counter top, not the call transfer cause we have that capability to hand a cell phone call over to our VOIP system but the Video is what I thought was bogus, there was no camera on the counter for her to see the kids, but then again maybe she couldn't see the kids but it was implied from what I saw. :noidea:
Yeah that's one thing I'd noticed as well.

in the future the screen itself could be the camera. Also It could be camera technoligy like a suped up on crack version of fthe kinect for the xbox 360. It scans the whole room and is pretty accurate at telling what is a human and what they are doing.

All in all tho a lot of the stuff in that video IS already stuff that is available... just not in the applications they are showing in the video. We really are not that far from that tho. I cant wait. I love the idea of the refrigerator. Do i have to worry about crazy spam popping up on my fridge telling me to buy kraft slices of cheese when i go to open the door tho?

ohh and THIS is coming to you SOON...
and you can now pay using a smartphone app on some vending machines as well. look wahat gogle already has coming ...
http://www.google.com/wallet/#utm_s...utm_campaign=en-US&utm_term=+pay +with +phone

yea that stuff is already here just needs to be put into affordable and useable applications like that video.

That stuff is cool. That soundtrack was pure badass........... I'm still waiting for my flying car that I thought we would all be driving when we grew up :prof:

James. I think that is cool... to a point. If you look at a lot people today in the mainstream society, they walk through a lot of life focusing on their multi-media devices with ear-buds oblivious to real life. You can smack them in the head with a baseball bat and most wouldn't know WTF happened until they came too! It bugs me that whatever they are tuned into is more interesting than the life that surrounds them. It's like their own thoughts aren't good enough to pass the time of day...
I like a nice cup of coffee in the morning and I make breakfast in my boxers and don't want to have every neuron in my brain focused on every facet of the world and everyone I know at 6:00am. Or any other time for that matter!
That future James better be by choice! If I touch things in my house, I don't want them to schpeil me multi-media bullshit! If they do, I'm going to need a bigger hammer. Because you know it will be rife with advertising and skewed with things tailored to what you like based on your most frequent downloads.
I'm not opinionated! :devil: