2 Stroke My "new" CR 500 1998 eye candy

mother-god-meme1.jpg

first ride in 10 years on a cr500 huh, I respect the size of your gonads there son.

Well in all truthfulness I "had the gonads" when I started riding. Now Im scared shitless of the thing! jajajajaj....oooppsss was laughing in spanish...hahahahha.
My first bike was a YZ 490 from 1989...all my friends rode CRS and tricked out Banshees but I could not afford one, and my parents didn't want to buy me one, so that was the bike I could afford.
In retrospect it was a good thing because I was a naive kid that didnt know better and just thought all 2 strokes where out to kill you, I learned to control it some what so I was faster up the dunes than most of my friends.
Fast forward my life and a delicious series of coincidences allowed me to find this bike, it belonged to the president of the FIM Latam so it is in pristine condition.
I believe the 490 was more explosive in acceleration, or at least thats is my impression right now. I let you guys now when I have more saddle time how I feel this bike.....its fun to ride a bike with brakes thats for sure! :smirk:

Well in all truthfulness I "had the gonads" when I started riding. Now Im scared shitless of the thing! jajajajaj....oooppsss was laughing in spanish...hahahahha.
My first bike was a YZ 490 from 1989...all my friends rode CRS and tricked out Banshees but I could not afford one, and my parents didn't want to buy me one, so that was the bike I could afford.
In retrospect it was a good thing because I was a naive kid that didnt know better and just thought all 2 strokes where out to kill you, I learned to control it some what so I was faster up the dunes than most of my friends.
Fast forward my life and a delicious series of coincidences allowed me to find this bike, it belonged to the president of the FIM Latam so it is in pristine condition.
I believe the 490 was more explosive in acceleration, or at least thats is my impression right now. I let you guys now when I have more saddle time how I feel this bike.....its fun to ride a bike with brakes thats for sure! :smirk:

Before reading your last comment I was about to say the 490 was no slouch either.... :thumb:

As for the missing "nads"... there's got to be a "mother load" of them stashed away somewhere... I lost mine too.... :shocked:...

Enjoy the bike but BE CAREFUL!!! :prof:

Bah never made it, dropped a pan with hot oil on my foot instead.....

Well, thats one way to get out of going on a trip. Wouldn't say a good way, but it is a way. I usually just bring my girls along and say I have to ride slow with them rather than cancel the whole ride.

I know, just kidding around with you.
1) Very nice bike.
2) Sorry you missed out on your ride.
3) Heal up soon!