2 Stroke My Cr125 Project

I am going to use this thread to track my progress on my bike. It is a 2002 Cr125. It has fmf exhaust, wiseco top end, hap a graphics kit on it, had stock plastics but I broke them off. Black wheels with Pirelli tires. V force reeds.

Mods I plan on doing
-All black Acerbis Plastics
-Paint fork guards black
-Paint radiator guards black
-Paint rear brake plastic guards black
-All black One Industries seat
-Change FMF fatty pipe to the SST pipe
-Change shorty pipe to Powercore 2 pipe
-Uprgrade grips to pro taper pillow

I will post pics tomorrow of what the bike looks like now. The plastics will be ordered within the next two days.

The fatty is a better choice then the SST in my opinion. Painting plastic black will look great until you remove the bike from the stand and ride it. Once the paint starts to chip, it will look like crap. Just buy all black plastic.

James

Staff member
I'd personally say screw all those mods and put that money towards upgrading/re-valving your suspension. If you had all the power in the world (yeah yeah over exaggeration :rolleyes:) and your suspension isn't setup for you, you still won't be able to ride at your full potential. Plus in most cases a dialed in suspension will give you the greatest improvement (lap time wise) over any other mod (exhaust/engine work). :thumb: :ride:

Here's how I look at mods (pecking order):

• Suspension
  • Correct gearing and tire selection
  • Comfort items (bars, levers, etc.)
  • And if you're an A or top B rider, engine work (in all honesty if you're a C rider, engine work won't really benefit you. Put the money towards riding lessons and improve your technique.)
  • A possible exception to the no engine/power mods for C riders rule would be if your power curve just isn't working for you. Try moving it with a different exhaust.

I'd personally say screw all those mods and put that money towards upgrading/re-valving your suspension. If you had all the power in the world (yeah yeah over exaggeration :rolleyes:) and your suspension isn't setup for you, you still won't be able to ride at your full potential. Plus in most cases a dialed in suspension will give you the greatest improvement (lap time wise) over any other mod (exhaust/engine work). :thumb: :ride:

Here's how I look at mods (pecking order):

• Suspension
  • Correct gearing and tire selection
  • Comfort items (bars, levers, etc.)
  • And if you're an A or top B rider, engine work (in all honesty if you're a C rider, engine work won't really benefit you. Put the money towards riding lessons and improve your technique.)
  • A possible exception to the no engine/power mods for C riders rule would be if your power curve just isn't working for you. Try moving it with a different exhaust.

:thumb: I agree 110% with James on this... Don't let it go to your head James :prof:

Oh, Don't forget Stickers they will increase performance, riding ability and coolness factor :smirk:

This pic is from the day I picked it up.
45784d1308193579t-know-anything-about-dirtbike-image-1508278704.jpg

I cant seem to figure how to get images off my camera on, it wont let me copy and paste like I did with the other.

James

Staff member
:thumb: I agree 110% with James on this... Don't let it go to your head James :prof:

Oh, Don't forget Stickers they will increase performance, riding ability and coolness factor :smirk:
:prof: Especially the DBA stickers, those are worth 5+ HP alone. :P
I cant seem to figure how to get images off my camera on, it wont let me copy and paste like I did with the other.
You have to upload them. :thumb:
https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/forum/content/173-uploading-images-directly-forum.html

P1010002.jpgP1010001.jpg
I finally got it to work. This is how the bike sits today. Missing a rear fender and a side pannel from when I crashed it. All the main black plastics will be ordered tonight. When those plastics arrive I will clean and prep all the smaller plastics and paint them black also. I have yet to decide if I want to add a graphics kit and custom number plates, input on that would be nice. As soon as the plastics arrive there will be pictures of the bike with them on.

:shocked: how did that happen? a wheelie go to far?

Nope, first day on it I was going up a hill and it was bogging in third so I down shifted all the way to first and my wrist had the throttle pulled and it gripped and shot straight out from underneath me. One hell of a ride.