Mx vs ATV: Alive

James

Staff member
So has anybody bought/played this game yet? Is it worth the $40? How is the campaign mode?

Here's a quote from a review:
During my demo of MX vs. ATV Alive I earned a single Achievement. It wasn't for getting a long jump, and it definitely wasn't for winning a race. The Achievement, appropriately named "Bully", was awarded to me for being the kind of asshole that tries to run other racers off the track.
:picard: So those trailers weren't just over the top marketing but that's actually a part of the game?

its out ?

all i know is from what i seen in the commercials that show game play... it looks horrible. Unleashed seems to have better graphics. i want to rent it but i doubt redbox will ever have it.

actual gameplay dont look that bad...
http://youtu.be/YNsg_hL6wuM?hd=1

looks the same as the last one but i expected it to as its the same engine.

seems like this new one is a cash cow ... they want you to buy all the DLC and thats where they make money. i wouldnt be surprised if a lot of the DLC was already on the disc and you just purchase a key

James

Staff member
After reading some more reviews, I guess there's no career mode or SX tracks (<--SX tracks probably coming in the DLC). The no career mode is a big turn off for me, probably won't be buying it after all. :noidea:

After reading some more reviews, I guess there's no career mode or SX tracks (<--SX tracks probably coming in the DLC). The no career mode is a big turn off for me, probably won't be buying it after all. :noidea:
really WTF? yea that is the funnest part of the MX games.

actual gameplay dont look that bad...
http://youtu.be/YNsg_hL6wuM?hd=1

looks the same as the last one but i expected it to as its the same engine.

seems like this new one is a cash cow ... they want you to buy all the DLC and thats where they make money. i wouldnt be surprised if a lot of the DLC was already on the disc and you just purchase a key

I guess I'm spoiled after playing uncharted. The graphics don't seem that great to me at all and the commercials were probably better left off-air if nothing else because of the terrible graphics they showed.

James

Staff member
really WTF? yea that is the funnest part of the MX games.
I guess their "career" mode is just a level system. Basically you start out on a 125 and have to keep on racing 2 outdoor and 2 short tracks (<--think really short outdoor track) tracks until you level up to get more tracks/bikes. Not sure how the level up system works but one guy said he's raced 7 times and is still on level 1. Plus you don't unlock any new tracks until level 10, unless you buy them with real money (DLC). Trav you're right this is a cash cow. :rolleyes:

Oh and the races don't have any heats or motos, like seriously WTF? :rant: And to think that James Stewart was supposed to be part of the design. :noidea:

More here...
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/racing/483351-mx-vs-atv-alive-first-impressions.html

kinda late for this one but here is the DLC calender
mxalive_dlccalendar.jpg

I have an Xbox 360, brand new in the sealed factory box, with an HDMI Ethernet cable available for sale and CHEAP! Make me an offer! :thumb:

i've been playing this all weekend... i think it's pretty good but i'm not really much of a gamer, i have played all the ones before though and never liked doing the career mode so this works for me as well or better then the rest of them :ride:

I have an Xbox 360, brand new in the sealed factory box, with an HDMI Ethernet cable available for sale and CHEAP! Make me an offer! :thumb:

Why you selling it buck?

Oh yeah, guess what's better than any mx v. atv? BLACK OPS! ahahah