MX technique's i can practice in my backyard..

Hi all,

I have 1.5 acres of paddock (field) that is going to waste..

I was just wondering what would be some good things to practice, I've been told starts and braking... Anyone have anymore suggestions??

:ride:
This is most likely the most basic Arena Cross style track layout. Perhaps Snowflake can help you with this build.

TrackMapExample-3D.jpg

Had always been tossing up the idea of a proper track, but in reality it would be stupid.

Would have cost a few thousand dollars (at least) to get it made, and then i wouldn't have had anything to maintain it with.

Anyway, bike is for sale now so luckily we didn't take action ! :)

believe it or not, wheelies (it will teach good throttle and bike control), also set out a figure 8 (use 2 markers about 50-100 feet apart) course to practice your corners

The figure 8 training is very worthwhile for almost any kind of riding. If you are a serious rider intent on getting better I would use that for about 5 mins before you start track practice and do it again at the end of the practice. In the first session once warmed up you should do it intensely enough that you are sweating. Work on keeping the inside foot off the ground but up close to the front axle as much as you can. Vary the terrain, and as was suggested vary the distance from ones you need to shift up and down, to distances you don't. Riders at any level can benefit from this.

I am not sure how to get an Arial pic, and don't wanna link a google maps picture, because then it would be giving my address out! :run:

And i will try to get a figure 8 made.
So how's the practice area coming? Have you done anything with the practice area? Did you do the figure 8 or did you build a small track? Post some pictures of it if you can.

Where else on a track do you have approximately 2 seconds to pass 39 racers? Practice your starts - extremely important. :prof: You're welcome in advance for this sage and timely advice. :thumb: