MTB Rum Village

well this is my first ride report, so don't be too harsh :P Some of the videos are long, so bare with me :smirk: Enjoy listening to me huff and puff :lol:

The temp out today is 90, I'm an idiot and didn't check this. I went to Rum Village, which is in South Bend. They have about 7-8 miles of single track so I thought I would ride it and record it.

The first track is beginners single track, its a little more open corners aren't as tight hills arent as steep, :blah:. I thought it was very rooted and actually more tough than the intermediate trail.
The intermediate trails was decent, but for some reason i was already wore out before i even got there, so it was slow riding :smirk:. At one point i had to just go back because the cam stopped recording when i was almost done with the trail.
The advanced trail was my show stopper, very steep hills nice log piles, I didn't quite make it through the entire trail :doh:
overall it was a decent ride, just very hot today, probably should have waited for a cool down or something, just didn't end very well :cry:

Very cool:thumb: Nice trails! I'd love to tear them up on the dirt bike:smirk: I really need to start riding the MTB again. Last time I got on it, it felt so squirrely because Im so used to the motorcycles and ride them almost daily. I once started to slow down then tried to twist the throttle that wasnt there, duh! Then grabbed too much front brake and almost went over the bars. That is when I said "screw this!" and went home. Best cross training you can do...cycling and swimming. You were moving pretty good, like your 18 or something! How many times did you stop in the 7-8 mile stretch? And so darn green with lots of shade. Love it! I want to live near deep green woods where the boogie man lives:lol:did ya see him?

Good report!:ride:

thanks sun, it may be shaded but you can ask James, it get really humid here, so the temp was 91 with a feeling of close to 100 i would say. My helmet was soaked as a rode back to the car, :thumb:

thanks sun, it may be shaded but you can ask James, it get really humid here, so the temp was 91 with a feeling of close to 100 i would say. My helmet was soaked as a rode back to the car, :thumb:

But isnt that a great feeling? All sweaty from a good workout? I hate putting my helmet back on all wet. It is kinda gross. But even worse is not working out and being all sweaty just walking out the door in that kind of humidity....you can have it, I'll take my Cali dry heat thank you!

But isnt that a great feeling? All sweaty from a good workout? I hate putting my helmet back on all wet. It is kinda gross. But even worse is not working out and being all sweaty just walking out the door in that kind of humidity....you can have it, I'll take my Cali dry heat thank you!

amen to that. a couple weeks ago a thunder storm came through in the late afternoon. that was the worst and im sure its not even close to as bad as the hummidiy gets out east.

amen to that. a couple weeks ago a thunder storm came through in the late afternoon. that was the worst and im sure its not even close to as bad as the hummidiy gets out east.

yeah it can get pretty nasty here especially right around now, early summer is okay, late summer is extremely humid, but then it gets really nice once fall rolls around :thumb:

yay for jacking my own thread! :P

well this is my first ride report, so don't be too harsh :P Some of the videos are long, so bare with me :smirk: Enjoy listening to me huff and puff :lol:

The temp out today is 90, I'm an idiot and didn't check this. I went to Rum Village, which is in South Bend. They have about 7-8 miles of single track so I thought I would ride it and record it.

The first track is beginners single track, its a little more open corners aren't as tight hills arent as steep, :blah:. I thought it was very rooted and actually more tough than the intermediate trail.
The intermediate trails was decent, but for some reason i was already wore out before i even got there, so it was slow riding :smirk:. At one point i had to just go back because the cam stopped recording when i was almost done with the trail.

The advanced trail was my show stopper, very steep hills nice log piles, I didn't quite make it through the entire trail :doh:

overall it was a decent ride, just very hot today, probably should have waited for a cool down or something, just didn't end very well :cry:
Nice Vid NH016. That looks like some fun. I'll roost you when I spread some more around..

Very cool:thumb: Nice trails! I'd love to tear them up on the dirt bike:smirk: I really need to start riding the MTB again. Last time I got on it, it felt so squirrely because Im so used to the motorcycles and ride them almost daily. I once started to slow down then tried to twist the throttle that wasnt there, duh! Then grabbed too much front brake and almost went over the bars. That is when I said "screw this!" and went home. Best cross training you can do...cycling and swimming. You were moving pretty good, like your 18 or something! How many times did you stop in the 7-8 mile stretch? And so darn green with lots of shade. Love it! I want to live near deep green woods where the boogie man lives:lol:did ya see him?

Good report!:ride:
Sun, a few of us old fat guys are riding in your neighborhood Thursday if you want to dust off the MTB. Staging off Cheesboro around 5 - 5:30pm. Let me know if you want to burn the legs..

Wow, that IS my neighborhood. Where do you live CDA? Under that big rock off Kanan? I'd last about a minute riding a MTB with you guys. How far will you go? I often hike that canyon from up in Oak Park ending down at Cheesboro. I live right down the road from there! Im between Kanan and Cheseboro.

Have fun!

Wow, that IS my neighborhood. Where do you live CDA? Under that big rock off Kanan? I'd last about a minute riding a MTB with you guys. How far will you go? I often hike that canyon from up in Oak Park ending down at Cheesboro. I live right down the road from there! Im between Kanan and Cheseboro.

Have fun!
I live under the rock at Simi Peak..:lol: We will ride up to Shepard's Flats and then keep going up to Simi Peak most likely. We just put it together as we go. Probably around 10 miles when we are done. Then it is off to La Paz Restaurant to gain back all the weight we burned pedaling...:lol: