Wheels/Tires Motoz tires

Motoz tires are a Australian designed tire and they are bitchen. They have like 4 or 5 different models and sizes of tires to suit just about everybody. I have only tried one model of the Motoz and they are called the Tractionator X Circuit I/T. They are a intermediate/hard tire. The rear is directional, but the front is designed for hard pack one way and sand the other. Nobody yet stocks them locally where I live. So I did have to mail (internet) order them. But they where pretty inexpensive. I think I paid $55 for the front and $62 for the rear. After the first ride (and I tried my best to abuse them) they showed very little wear. Even after a mile long tire shredding rock section, zero chunking. Ive nearly destroyed Maxxis Desert IT's on that trail. I ride mostly in the desert which mostly consist's of sand, hard pack, DG, and Rocks, rocks , rocks. Oh and did I mention Rocks? They hook up good in pretty much everything Ive ridden in. Another huge plus is that they are by far the easiest tire that I have mounted. Getting the bead to seat on the rim took a couple of tries (50 PSI) and a little extra soapy water but much more than normal. Thus far Im pretty impressed.

The place I found them at is on the west coast, and the web site is www.PhatPerformaceParts.com I ordered the tires on a thursday afternoon had the tires Friday afternoon. If I remember correctly there are a couple of places on the east coast and I think there is one in the mid west that also carry this brand of Tire. So if your looking for something different I recommend trying them. When I get home this evening if I remember I will post up some photos of the tire.

Yes, MotoZ's are awesome tires. I've used the "Enduro IT", was excellent for the winter(muddy) months in Norcal. I know that they've recently
changed that particular tire to be DOT approved. Mine wasn't. I've also used the Desert HT which was perfect for non-winter harder shit and, btw,
is their most durable and versatile tire,imo. Both of those were Tractionators,btw. Most recent one I used was the Tracula which has been discontinued for some reason. That one was also great and long lasting. I get mine here on the west coast from motosportz.com. Kelly is a cool guy and the service excellent and fast. Their claim to fame is that they use natural rubber which they think is better and more durable. They are very good tires, imo.
Dez HT
MotoZTractionatorDesertHT500mi.jpg

Enduro IT
MotoZITEnduro.jpg

Tracula

MotoZTracula2-1.jpg

My newest rear- IRC M5B "Winter ROOSTER"
mynewknobbie.jpg

I have been so curious about these tires ever since I seen them in the 2009 May issue of TransWorld MX. They had a small article about them. I have tried many tires and I fell in love with the Brigdeston M204 and M404 tires. Dumlop Tires are just like Harley Davidsons You pay for the Name not Quallity. ( THEY ALL SUCK) This year I will buy a set of the Terrapactor IT tires. They look so nice.

Are they more for Enduro and cross country tire? They don't give you to much traction do they? Cuz, Well I ride a 2010 CR500af and I do need some loseness. I can't turn if my front tire is in the sky. lol The Terrapactor IT seems to have a more open tread design.

Are they more for Enduro and cross country tire? They don't give you to much traction do they? Cuz, Well I ride a 2010 CR500af and I do need some loseness. I can't turn if my front tire is in the sky. lol The Terrapactor IT seems to have a more open tread design.
I have no problem throwing the rear end around with it on my Dual-Sported wr450 :thumb:

Have you or do you plan on trying the Terrapactor IT set?
Nah i like to keep the tires street friendly on the WR, those look a little too aggressive. Might throw those on the KX next time it needs tires, but it takes so long to wear down a tire on a 125 that it won't be anytime soon

Well its going to be a while before I can try them on my CR500af. Cuz, I live up hjear in the snow country part of NY. I will post this late spring how I like them or not. I do not ride in the cold or snow nope not going to do it anymore. To old haha

I used dunlop for years and years, Michelin is my tire of choice now though
You must be a pro at changeing tires then. There were and I say were only two Dumlop tires that held up on my CR500's. They were the 695 and D755. They no longer make them go figuer. They designed tires to suit four-stroke power delivery. They do not fair so good with the power of a CR500. Plus if you show up at the track with anything less than Dumlop tires. You don't fit in the click. Put a pair of Bridgstone M404's on your bike and then you will see what I mean. They hook up and last longer than two races.

You must be a pro at changeing tires then. There were and I say were only two Dumlop tires that held up on my CR500's. They were the 695 and D755. They no longer make them go figuer. They designed tires to suit four-stroke power delivery. They do not fair so good with the power of a CR500. Plus if you show up at the track with anything less than Dumlop tires. You don't fit in the click. Put a pair of Bridgstone M404's on your bike and then you will see what I mean. They hook up and last longer than two races.
I run an MH3 rear and a S12XC front on a 250f used for desert, I've got 1 season the front and 1/2 a season on the rear, still have maybe half a season left in both. and yes, I am a tire changing pro, its part of my job :smirk: