Motorcycles And Mental Health

The stress relief provided to me while riding dirt bikes is that when you are riding at your skill level you don't have time to think about other things than what is in front of you at that moment. If you scare yourself a little, and get the shot of adrenalin every few minutes, then you are doing it right.

That reminds me of a story.. I have a good friend we took riding with us one day. Said he a had a bike as a kid, but hadn’t ridden in almost 20 years. He brought some beer to the track and I caught him drinking one while we were unloading. I said are you fkn nuts you need to be sharp he said it’s ok he brought some cocaine. He was a persistent and very likable guy, I said ok ride but stay on the flats and don’t be stupid, dude gets out on the track and destroys it. Flat out whips ass. I was in shock at how good a rider he was. Turns out, bikes is what was missing in his life, and probably why all the drinking and drugs. Two back to back class championships later he’s 100% clean and sober and says it’s all my fault. I can live with that.

That reminds me of a story.. I have a good friend we took riding with us one day. Said he a had a bike as a kid, but hadn’t ridden in almost 20 years. He brought some beer to the track and I caught him drinking one while we were unloading. I said are you fkn nuts you need to be sharp he said it’s ok he brought some cocaine. He was a persistent and very likable guy, I said ok ride but stay on the flats and don’t be stupid, dude gets out on the track and destroys it. Flat out whips ass. I was in shock at how good a rider he was. Turns out, bikes is what was missing in his life, and probably why all the drinking and drugs. Two back to back class championships later he’s 100% clean and sober and says it’s all my fault. I can live with that.
Good story. Totally not the ending that I was expecting. :lol:

I know lots of people that are better at everything when they're under the influence.
For example, my old parachute packer Randy. I would tip him a 6-pack before I started jumping, knowing full well that they'd be gone when I was done jumping. His openings were better when he was buzzed.

It's a mental thing. Good thing the Roses love beer on a ride. Riding with them if you don't drink, you get kicked off the ride. Well, really it's just harder to keep up when not drinking.

:thumb:

There's somebody for everybody......my whole thing is we're in it for fun, if somebody gets hurt the fun stops, and if it's even possible alcohol or pot was a factor, it make me feel somewhat responsible as most of the rides I'm on are organized by me. Hence the rule.

There was a day I would pack a six pack in ice for a days ride. Usually only drink three or four, and that included the two at lunch. The last few years even when I do ride, beers don’t get packed.

Ice cold anything in the desert is welcome, just wouldn't like to ride drunk or ride with other drunks that's all!
No doubt done worse as a teen with all of us having bikes right enough :pothead::pothead: LSD was fun :hyper::panic::rocker::thumb::thumb::thumb: