Motocrossing the corners.

Thanks to this thread I have been practicing figure 8's with my nephew who is just starting out with his yz 80. I'm still better on the left than right. I don't know why but I have the same problem road racing my cbr on the track, better at lefts.

James

Staff member
Thanks to this thread I have been practicing figure 8's with my nephew who is just starting out with his yz 80. I'm still better on the left than right. I don't know why but I have the same problem road racing my cbr on the track, better at lefts.
I know that a lot of people have that "problem", just keep at it. :thumb: Go find a corner that you aren't as good at and keep hitting it over and over, it'll click before you know it. :ride:

I know that a lot of people have that "problem", just keep at it. :thumb: Go find a corner that you aren't as good at and keep hitting it over and over, it'll click before you know it. :ride:

Yep, its not usually a problem, just a lack of experience

James

Staff member
Yep, its not usually a problem, just a lack of experience
There is something to it though, it's like be right/left handed. A better example might be riding regular or goofy (skate/snowboarders), one way just works better.

I was a goofy skateboarder, granted theres alot more to it than just being goofy or regular, but it took me a bit longer to progress than my regular friends. I think it has something to do with the tricks being devloped mostly by dudes who were regulars.

I was Goofy skating too, although I had several difficult tricks named after me - most notably was the "Gerry Facesave Cheevers", the "Crack the Vert(abrae)" and the infamous "Hind Grind". No doubt you've heard of them. You're welcome in advance. :thumb:

There is something to it though, it's like be right/left handed. A better example might be riding regular or goofy (skate/snowboarders), one way just works better.
I always crash on my left... the left side of my bike is rough... I long board left foot forward...

I was Goofy skating too, although I had several difficult tricks named after me - most notably was the "Gerry Facesave Cheevers", the "Crack the Vert(abrae)" and the infamous "Hind Grind". No doubt you've heard of them. You're welcome in advance. :thumb:

I've done the last 2 with great success, I felt so accomplished afterwards that I put up my board :thumb: