MightiFixit.

Has anyone seen this infomercial ?

I'm thinking something like this would be good to carry in your backpack.Is there anything else that is comparable? And do you think it really works on a radiator hose ?

looks thin and cheesy, but definitely worth trying out. On braided stainless it will never work...then again those dont burst....For it to actually work alone on a rubber radiator hose, it would have to be a pin hole. Maybe couple this with a couple yards of gorilla tape folded up in your e-kit...I would expect that to hold on even some larger holes on a rubber hose. Probably a better use for it would be to use as a pillow while you catch some zzz's waiting for rescue

The only thing in my e-kit is a tow strap and beer :P

We have used this silicone tape to wrap foam around small diameter tubes for insulation properties, but that is all I have seen it used for. We also secure the ends with tiewrap string. I actually bought some at the motorcycle show in Long Beach and it doesn't hold up well. I used it on my trailer connector wires, and it has torn through, but I leave the trailer outside. I will bring some the next time I ride with you guys so you can try it out.
Tape on a fighter jet really?! I would like ULEWZ input on this.......

Could have used some when I looped out near your camp a year or so ago :censored: that hurt!
We have used this silicone tape to wrap foam around small diameter tubes for insulation properties, but that is all I have seen it used for. We also secure the ends with tiewrap string. I actually bought some at the motorcycle show in Long Beach and it doesn't hold up well. I used it on my trailer connector wires, and it has torn through, but I leave the trailer outside. I will bring some the next time I ride with you guys so you can try it out.