Martika Continued........

Bryce- I'm not dealing with psychology on a personal level per say (like im having problems with my wife or kids or whatever). I focus on things like confidence concentration competition readiness (all things directly related to the mental game of racing). no i dont have to work with one I can do whatever I want soon as i have a degree. technically I can still do it right now without a degree as long as i legally use the term "mental coaching" its honestly the same thing. based on my experience with working at amateur nationals with my psych business, i find that some people are proud, and others get way excited about the idea. I feel that once i get a degree and go from working at amateurs to ama pro sx and mx races then finding a team to contract my work out to will nto be a problem. unlike a lot of amateurs, professionals know the importance of your mental game. however there really isnt a whole lot of people out there looking to help them with that, which is why im doing this. its a great opportunity for me because demand is getting bigger, and there really isnt comptetion on that job market yet.

Travace- sometimes im not sure about that either, but i just do because its what has to be done ya know.

Ummm...ahhhh...Im the other "Lady Blue," ie..older,female. I think none of this would happen if Blue had stated who she thought was full of it, but anyhow...moving on....I dont race much anymore but what I'd like to know is how to keep my head in the "Zone," that place where you are pumped up yet relaxed, feeling confident, powerful and yet calm! Instead of feeling like throwing up, shakey and inferior. It's funny because mentally I can go back and forth. There are those times on the bike when you feel so fluid, at one with the bike, strong and focused! I just need to know how to get back to that place in my head and STAY THERE! I try to by telling myself "this isnt a race, it's all for fun! It's just a fast trail ride!" Anyhow....welcome :ride:Makita! ~Sun~

Ummm...ahhhh...Im the other "Lady Blue," ie..older,female. I think none of this would happen if Blue had stated who she thought was full of it, but anyhow...moving on....I dont race much anymore but what I'd like to know is how to keep my head in the "Zone," that place where you are pumped up yet relaxed, feeling confident, powerful and yet calm! Instead of feeling like throwing up, shakey and inferior. It's funny because mentally I can go back and forth. There are those times on the bike when you feel so fluid, at one with the bike, strong and focused! I just need to know how to get back to that place in my head and STAY THERE! I try to by telling myself "this isnt a race, it's all for fun! It's just a fast trail ride!" Anyhow....welcome :ride:Makita! ~Sun~
Sun, It is a hard thing to do, to keep yourself relaxed when in a race situation. I use to tell myself that it was nothing but a trail ride and you have to start off that way. Depending on the race, you can get away with that because you have the time, like a H&H or HS, but GP's are different, you need to be pinned out of the gate.

I find that if you take time before a race and hit a short trail and get a couple miles in to loosen up or if the Bomb run is still open, to hit that a few times, you will find yourself more relaxed when the banner drops and you will get in your groove quicker.

But that is just me...Carry On!

Yeah...your right CDA, but mentally I dont stay there. The best point in a race for me is usually 1/3 or 1/2 the way in, I find my groove and Im more relaxed by then. But by then I have spent too much energy being tense to that point and then begin to tire faster because of it. If I raced more Im sure I'd get better. Im just too old and slow now like you CDA:lol:thank god Im not bald yet!:P

I just realized I referred to Lady Blue as "older, female" It then dawned on me, I was confusing her with Lady Susuki LOL Opps! Sorry Blue!

Yeah...your right CDA, but mentally I dont stay there. The best point in a race for me is usually 1/3 or 1/2 the way in, I find my groove and Im more relaxed by then. But by then I have spent too much energy being tense to that point and then begin to tire faster because of it. If I raced more Im sure I'd get better. Im just too old and slow now like you CDA:lol:thank god Im not bald yet!:P

I just realized I referred to Lady Blue as "older, female" It then dawned on me, I was confusing her with Lady Susuki LOL Opps! Sorry Blue!
Yes it is hard. You will spend that energy when tensed up. Yes, I am Old, Slow and Bald, so I have a good excuse for me to ride sweep.:smirk:

I don't race but I'm alot like you described when I first get on I'm tense and a little shaky but once I start riding and get comfortable I start to relax. You can tell too cause my driving goes from eratic and rough to smooth and controlled.

Why does it always seem to everyone that I'm starting something? he simply asked what I meant and was not targeted at ladyblue, but rather the entire population of people anyone would meet in general.
If ladyblue is from Tucson, then why don't we get together for coffee and work out our differences? I am in no way trying to make bad relationships with anyone here (like I said before)...I wouldn't mind being cool with her.

I'm cool....:thinking:

You, you and you be cool....YOU be cool!

Why does it always seem to everyone that I'm starting something? he simply asked what I meant and was not targeted at ladyblue, but rather the entire population of people anyone would meet in general.
If ladyblue is from Tucson, then why don't we get together for coffee and work out our differences? I am in no way trying to make bad relationships with anyone here (like I said before)...I wouldn't mind being cool with her.

Ummm...ahhhh...Im the other "Lady Blue," ie..older,female. I think none of this would happen if Blue had stated who she thought was full of it, but anyhow...moving on....I dont race much anymore but what I'd like to know is how to keep my head in the "Zone," that place where you are pumped up yet relaxed, feeling confident, powerful and yet calm! Instead of feeling like throwing up, shakey and inferior.[/I][/COLOR][/B] It's funny because mentally I can go back and forth. There are those times on the bike when you feel so fluid, at one with the bike, strong and focused! I just need to know how to get back to that place in my head and STAY THERE! I try to by telling myself "this isnt a race, it's all for fun! It's just a fast trail ride!" Anyhow....welcome :ride:Makita! ~Sun~

I feel that way every time I go for a trail ride. I figured it was because I don't ride often enough...I get nauseous when I buckle my helmet (maybe cuz it''s too tight :smirk:) but when I pull on my gloves I get the shakes and squirrelly when I first take off. like B-ryce said he feels. Once I'm done with my warm up ride which is usually going down the road to the trail head...then I'm fine. I think because once you're on the trail you have to have your head in the game which keeps you from being nervous, shaky, etc...maybe cuz I'm old too...hmmmm :thinking:

I feel that way every time I go for a trail ride. I figured it was because I don't ride often enough...I get nauseous when I buckle my helmet (maybe cuz it''s too tight :smirk:) but when I pull on my gloves I get the shakes and squirrelly when I first take off. like B-ryce said he feels. Once I'm done with my warm up ride which is usually going down the road to the trail head...then I'm fine. I think because once you're on the trail you have to have your head in the game which keeps you from being nervous, shaky, etc...maybe cuz I'm old too...hmmmm :thinking:

I get a bit of this too. Must be because we are old.:cry: Doesn't help trying to ward off the 12 shots of tequila the night before either.:thumb: