South LPNF Fire

i hope for the best.

this shit is what tree huggers love. gives them a good chance of closing shit down :(

it happened here in Poway. just around the corner from me about a mile away i use to see dirtbikers out riding and they had a small mx track and everything. after the fire they shut it down and of course now that i ride im a huge law breaker if i ride there... all under the basis of the fire and a "rehabilitation" zone

its fucked :(

best luck to you WG i hope all is well. i know what you are going through if its dangerous there right now :(

I guess there was one idiot too many at the park.

It's at 60% containment. Strong winds could make this go bad.

From inciweb.org

Incident Overview

The Hill Fire started on June 23, 2012 at approximately 12:22 at Hungry Valley Campground, located on Ventura County land. Strong Santa Ana winds quickly pushed the fire into the Los Padres National Forest. The wind driven fire spread though heavy brush and steep, rugged terrain, making firefighting efforts challenging. Excellent air support assisted firefighters in stopping the forward movement of the fire. Although the fire has settled in remote, steep terrain, firefighters are making good progress in the suppression efforts. While originally the fire was thought to have been 1500 acres, proper mapping has shown a decrease in acreage to 689.

Never did find out if this hit the LPNF and if it is still open. Cant believe I havent been up there this year:( For that matter, I cant believe how little dirt I have been riding lately. Jonsin to get back up there. I have a screwed up my hand/wrist from a fall hiking. I am suppose to go on a big ass kicking ride Saturday and Im not sure Im gonna go. Part of me says suck it up and go for it and part of me says dont do it! Dammit:banghead: I hate these type of decisions. I dont want to get into a situation I cant get out of or have to rely or ruin the ride for others. Yet Im getting pressure to tape it up, take 800m of Motrin, suck it up and go for it. Adrenilin helps with pain but one fall the wrong way and Im screwed! I've been waiting months and months for this ride :cry: Up in the Piutes. Some Gnarly riding with lots of water crosssings. Im sooo out of shape right now and havent been on the bike much. I just dont know what to do. I have 48 hours before the ride :panic:

Not knowing you injury it's hard to comment on that directly. The type of injury is the deciding point for me. Soreness can be ridden through. Actual mechanical issues like tendonitis or worse don't take so kindly to additional abuse.

The Piutes have riding that can be awesome flowing trails with no whoops to insanely difficult and relentlessly repeating obstacles. I have a feeling that latter are not part of the itinerary. If you have never been it's worth a few ibuprofen.

Not knowing you injury it's hard to comment on that directly. The type of injury is the deciding point for me. Soreness can be ridden through. Actual mechanical issues like tendonitis or worse don't take so kindly to additional abuse.

The Piutes have riding that can be awesome flowing trails with no whoops to insanely difficult and relentlessly repeating obstacles. I have a feeling that latter are not part of the itinerary. If you have never been it's worth a few ibuprofen.

Well as it turns out I was incorrect, it's the "Greenhorns." Bull Run trail and some others. I think Im going to go for it.

Well as it turns out I was incorrect, it's the "Greenhorns." Bull Run trail and some others. I think Im going to go for it.

Go For It! :thumb: Ace sells a wrist brace with a flxible back bone for some support. I think I paid $8 for it.

Glad to hear that WG's place is fine and everything is under control.....