lots of different questions about alot of different things

hey guys iv got alot of questions andim putting them in 1 thread to save time.

1. how do you choose a boot size without trying the boots on

2. would octane booster be a good idea, im gonna race mx this summer and noticed alot of people talking about using 110 octane gas, but all i can get at the local gas stations is 93 octane i have a stock motor but would octane booster give me more power, make the bike run better or is it just something for moded out bikes?

3. do you have to re-jet for an aftermarket silencer or reeds

4. whats a good quality brand of gear that is not over priced

James

Staff member
I'd suggest that you split those into different threads as it will make everything a lot easier. :thumb:

Edit:
You can use this thread for one of the questions, change the title name via the administrative drop-down at the top.

2. would octane booster be a good idea, im gonna race mx this summer and noticed alot of people talking about using 110 octane gas, but all i can get at the local gas stations is 93 octane i have a stock motor but would octane booster give me more power, make the bike run better or is it just something for moded out bikes?

1. One size bigger than your shoes.
2. 93 is good enough.
3. Not usually.
4. Your older brother's hand me downs.

Here's the deal yo.

I buy my kids (he's 13) boots at the local pro shop (not the dealer). He's still growing so I make sure the boot fits snug with a little room to grow. Boots need to be snug if they aren't then its just wasted money. I have a good relationship with my local shop and when he grows out of the boots I bring them back for a store credit and move onto a bigger pair.

I have a recipe for a cheap race gas mix, but it probably isn't needed for your bike unless its modded. PM me for details and specifics.

If you are racing then you should be rejetting often to get the most out of your bike... When I was doing nationals we jetted morning noon and night. I still jet 10 or 12 times a year even with the JD jet kit.

When it comes to gear its all relative. I have found Answer and MSR to be the most durable along with Scott Goggles... When it comes to helmets spend the money... get a Snell approved skull bucket. I often buy last years stuff on close out. Its cheap, it works and I am not out there to win a fashion contest... I'm there to race.:thumb:

james, i think i got all the answers i needed

bajataxi, thanks for the advise but i dont have an older brother

mihylo33, thanks for the advice