Lost Coyotes Dual European Scrambles - September 11th & 12th

So I received a little side support sponsor from a guy who rides a "Gold Fish" and he sent me some swag, so I dialed in the plate for the Euro coming up next month. I hope I can represent the forum well.

Check It!

DSC01181.jpg

:thumb: Thanks Rack!!!!!

Sweet! looks great! :thumb:

So is she hot or what

:naughty::naughty:

OK, Somehow my "Old Race Pic" Thread has sparked an interest in some of you getting your feet wet and trying out this great sport called "Desert Racing". So I mentioned a Euro coming up in September that sparked up some Q&A so I was bullied into starting a thread.....

So here is the deal. The Lost Coyotes MC is a local D37 club that is putting on a Dual Euro Scramble in Spangler at Charlie's Place (Wagon Wheel). Here is the flier. http://www.district37ama.org/offroad/calendar/2010/sept10/2010_lostcoyotes.jpg

As of now, I am going to be riding this event on Saturday only. I have other obligations that I have to be at on Sunday. Some others on here have expressed interest and suggested I put up this thread for all the would like to attend, but would like some questions answered first.

So read the flier and fire away with your questions and I will answer them the best I can. I am sure Neversurface will chime in as well since he is a current So Calier and not sure on any of the others out there. This would be a great event to spread some DBA love.

Oh I am always looking for a little sponsorship if you would like to make a donation to CDA Racing...:smirk:

The flyer link no longer works for me :smashpc:

So I received a little side support sponsor from a guy who rides a "Gold Fish" and he sent me some swag, so I dialed in the plate for the Euro coming up next month. I hope I can represent the forum well.

Check It!

DSC01181.jpg

:thumb: Thanks Rack!!!!!

SaWeeeet..................:thumb: Good luck!!! :ride:

Maybe Nighthawk or CDA can educate me here............. I don't know, I have never raced.

What is the difference between these:

Dual Euro Scramble
Desert Scramble
Hare and Hound
Grand Prix

:noidea:

Maybe Nighthawk or CDA can educate me here............. I don't know, I have never raced.

Dual Euro Scramble
Desert Scramble
Hare and Hound
Grand Prix

Should I wait for Nighthawk to weigh in?

Dual Euro Scramble
Desert Scramble
Hare and Hound
Grand Prix

:lol::lol::lol:

Desert scramble sounds like a type of breakfast you'd get at the Denny's in Phoenix

I had to stop laughing at Racks before I read this one..............then there's this....................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :devil:

OH, and be careful with the use of the "weigh" word......just sayin! :smirk: :smirk:

Didn't you get a little lecture on weight from someone :noidea: :smirk:

Dual Euro Scramble
Desert Scramble
Hare and Hound
Grand Prix

Dual Euro Scramble = Is a mass start desert-type event. It shall be run over a closed
course 6 to 16 miles in length with each event of a definite time duration, minimum of 45 minutes and a maximum of one hour in length. Events must consist of separate races for each division. Each club promoting European Scrambles shall have dual courses. A Back-to-back European Scrambles will have four courses.

Desert Scramble = Course may be as short as 30 miles and repeated to make up a total of at least 60 miles. Normally they are 35 - 38 miles long.

Hare and Hound = A marked course over natural type terrain, 60 miles or longer. Typically 2 separate 40+ mile loops.

Gran Prix = A Grand Prix is a closed-course event. The approximate length of the course and the amount of time for each race shall be advertised. The course should include both natural and graded or paved terrain. Grand Prix events shall pay both Desert and Grand Prix points.

If I am wrong, please correct me...:smirk:

Dual Euro Scramble = Is a mass start desert-type event. It shall be run over a closed
course 6 to 16 miles in length with each event of a definite time duration, minimum of 45 minutes and a maximum of one hour in length. Events must consist of separate races for each division. Each club promoting European Scrambles shall have dual courses. A Back-to-back European Scrambles will have four courses.

Desert Scramble = Course may be as short as 30 miles and repeated to make up a total of at least 60 miles. Normally they are 35 - 38 miles long.

Hare and Hound = A marked course over natural type terrain, 60 miles or longer. Typically 2 separate 40+ mile loops.

Gran Prix = A Grand Prix is a closed-course event. The approximate length of the course and the amount of time for each race shall be advertised. The course should include both natural and graded or paved terrain. Grand Prix events shall pay both Desert and Grand Prix points.

If I am wrong, please correct me...:smirk:

So the Dual Euro should be ideal for a newb first time wanna be racer hobbyist rider like myself? I ask these questions cuz I have ZERO experience nor have I watched a race in the dez........

So the Dual Euro should be ideal for a newb first time wanna be racer hobbyist rider like myself? I ask these questions cuz I have ZERO experience nor have I watched a race in the dez........

I did 1 race waaaaaay back in the early, early 80's.....Huntington Beach M/C's put it on HBMC hare n hound...here's what I was told...

See smoke...roll it, dump it and pin it....continue in this fashion until you see a checkered flag!....:shocked: