Lost Coyotes Dual European Scrambles - September 11th & 12th

OK, Somehow my "Old Race Pic" Thread has sparked an interest in some of you getting your feet wet and trying out this great sport called "Desert Racing". So I mentioned a Euro coming up in September that sparked up some Q&A so I was bullied into starting a thread.....

So here is the deal. The Lost Coyotes MC is a local D37 club that is putting on a Dual Euro Scramble in Spangler at Charlie's Place (Wagon Wheel). Here is the flier. http://www.district37ama.org/offroad/calendar/2010/sept10/2010_lostcoyotes.jpg

As of now, I am going to be riding this event on Saturday only. I have other obligations that I have to be at on Sunday. Some others on here have expressed interest and suggested I put up this thread for all the would like to attend, but would like some questions answered first.

So read the flier and fire away with your questions and I will answer them the best I can. I am sure Neversurface will chime in as well since he is a current So Calier and not sure on any of the others out there. This would be a great event to spread some DBA love.

Oh I am always looking for a little sponsorship if you would like to make a donation to CDA Racing...:smirk:

Well lets see...entry $, AMA $, D37 $ and now Im too broke for gas and a new tire for the bike! If I were going to do more races it may be worth it. Or for the sake of doing a first race. I dont want to discourage anyone (Rack) because Im sure it will be a good race and a heck of a lot of fun!

USDR is more affordable. Never done their races though Have you? They are pretty popular now and I hear you get to pre-run the course. But I do think this Euro Scramble is probably one of the best and funest races out there. Seeing as it is no time keeping and in a great location. And also seeing as that is what this thread is all about!

I have not attended a USDR event and they are getting a good turn out. I know Dave Earl who runs them and he does a great job. Money does add up quick especially if it is the first time and only time. But if you were ever curious about a Dez Race, these will give you a little idea of one.

I dont mean to knock your thread, it ids a good race! In fact I think a bunch of you from here should do it and make a video of your experience...whaddah think Rack?:thinking:

I am thinking about it. :thinking:

Maybe you should volunteer to be Team DBA Pit Crew :noidea:

Sure! If Im around and can make I'd love to come out for it:thumb: Keep us posted. I will even bring cold wash clothes in an ice chest to put around your necks at the finish. At the harescramble in Baja they come up to you right when you cross the finish line and put warm steaming wash clothes on your necks. It was such a nice touch in cold weather and made me feel so important like I was a real athlete or something.

Okay CDA, what should one expect as far as terrain and speed of other riders in the "beginner 40+ class"?

8 - 10 miles seems like a small loop. It must be pretty technical if you can only get 3 or 4 laps in.

Do you intend to drive out Saturday morning? It's about 250 miles for me to get to Charlies Place.

Okay CDA, what should one expect as far as terrain and speed of other riders in the "beginner 40+ class"?

8 - 10 miles seems like a small loop. It must be pretty technical if you can only get 3 or 4 laps in.

Do you intend to drive out Saturday morning? It's about 250 miles for me to get to Charlie's Place.
The races are only 1 hr. So 3 laps is going to give you roughly 30 miles. The course start lines will be somewhat close to camp so I would imagine they might have one course on the other side of Trona from Charlie's and one on the same side. If I was to put myself in the shoes of the Coyotes and from passed Euros out there, I would say the Other side of Trona would be the faster course. I can see some good technical stuff on Charlie's side. Remember though that Quads (yes I said it) will be riding the same course and there is no Expert loops so there is nothing you will not be able to handle.

Since I will be hitting the first ride of the day on Sat, I might head out Friday night and crash in the truck unless my Wife decides to go, then it is early morning. I can get there in about 2 hrs from my house. If you ride, I will make sure that right after my event I head over to the other course to give you support with my lens...:smirk:

Why is it called a "Euro" scramble? What is the difference between that and a hare scramble if anything other than the name?

Why is it called a "Euro" scramble? What is the difference between that and a hare scramble if anything other than the name?
A hare scramble is typically a 35 - 40 mile loop that you run twice. Where the Euro is 2 small loops that you run one each day for an hour.

Oh sure you want me to go so you come in next to last. Lol
He wants to chase you with the Helmet came so he can post it up here for all to see...

I need someone to follow.
There will be plenty out there to follow. :smirk:

The Lost Coyotes are a great bunch of peeps. Jim Wilson (Cutacross) Is the man if you have any ?'s I raced a DS event a couple of Decembers ago. (My 1st) Luckily, I had a great group of guys to ride with, and had a lot of fun.