All LOS PADRES FOREST UPDATE

Little news on the forest for all of you. Spoke to the ranger's office just now after noticing they had opened a gate. Some stuff on the north side of Frazier Park is open now and other stuff should be open by Memorial day (also on the north side).

South and southwest of Frazier is as follows: trails out of Hungry Valley into the forest should be open by Memorial day also. Yellow Jacket, Mutau flats areas probably will not open this year at all. BUT, I was told the funding is there (different than the last couple years) and that they will be working on it. Maybe if we are lucky, late fall or next spring. I was told that there were a tremendous amount of trees down in the entire district. Not surprising that even at my house we had many trees and limbs down. One person was even struck and killed by a tree this year that hit a house.

So I digress, summer is here and you all are updated now. :thumb: Ride and enjoy.:ride::ride:

Tejon was opened last weekend for the VCMC race. But I think they closed it back up. I cant wait to get up there again. thanks for the update!

Yellow Jacket? Forget about that. I WANT SNOWY!!!

Yes I was yelling. It being closed for so long just pisses me off to no end. I love Snowy. One of my favorite trails. Beautifully brutal.

Yellow Jacket? Forget about that. I WANT SNOWY!!!

Yes I was yelling. It being closed for so long just pisses me off to no end. I love Snowy. One of my favorite trails. Beautifully brutal.

You are a bit sadistic. The ranger said he didn't know about it but was "hopeful". Being that the yellow jacket area over there is closed, I wouldn't be too hopeful.