Looking for something street legal...

DRZ400"S" is street legal and all you would need to do is slap some SM wheels on it and maybe change out the front brake setup for the bigger disc on the SM wheel.

I'm still in favor of you not getting a bike that you can ride on the street if your sole purpose is to be a hooligan on it.:prof:

+1

Believe it or not, but splitting lanes is legal in California. It's about the only state that allows it.

One thing about my XR600. When I'm at the front of the line at a light, I have to remember to go light on the throttle or that front wheel comes right up without even intending it.

Yup! California and the United Kingdom allow lane splitting to my knowledge...and that's ironic right there.

DRZ400"S" is street legal and all you would need to do is slap some SM wheels on it and maybe change out the front brake setup for the bigger disc on the SM wheel.

Thanks for the correction. :thumb: Do they have turn signals on the "S"? I know not all states even require turn signals, anyways.

I'm still in favor of you not getting a bike that you can ride on the street if your sole purpose is to be a hooligan on it.:prof:

Oh come on...aint that half the fun of it? :smirk:

I'm sure every street biker in here wheelies the second there is a clear opening.
Lane splitting can be dick-ish...but if it's legal in Cali...why the eff cant we? And if people get mad, maybe they should learn to ride a motorcycle so they can be cool too. :P
Getting away fast...that topic was played with in another thread.

Thanks for the correction. :thumb: Do they have turn signals on the "S"? I know not all states even require turn signals, anyways.
The "S" model is the Dual Sport, so turn Signals, horn, mirrors, plated, etc.

Oh come on...aint that half the fun of it? :smirk:

I'm sure every street biker in here wheelies the second there is a clear opening.
Lane splitting can be dick-ish...but if it's legal in Cali...why the eff cant we? And if people get mad, maybe they should learn to ride a motorcycle so they can be cool too. :P
Getting away fast...that topic was played with in another thread.
I have no problem with pulling a wheelie as you say being in the clear. I saw a sport bike get on the freeway in front of me today and loft the front end up as we were doing 80 mph. It does look cool, but when he makes the mistake and throws it away, the poor sole that runs him over has to live with that the rest of their life. Splitting lanes is the best thing ever, but there are the dicks. I only split lanes when coming up to a stop light. I never ride on the freeways so that is not an issue, but I dislike the guys that are running too fast between cars like that.

The OP's main purpose for getting a DS is to be a hooligan as he stated. That is a :naughty: Since he is racing and carries sponsors (Like the one that is avatar and my local bike shop), he is giving them a bad name. If I was his sponsor and saw/heard him being a hooligan on the street, he would be dropped from my support program.:prof:

The "S" model is the Dual Sport, so turn Signals, horn, mirrors, plated, etc.

I have no problem with pulling a wheelie as you say being in the clear. I saw a sport bike get on the freeway in front of me today and loft the front end up as we were doing 80 mph. It does look cool, but when he makes the mistake and throws it away, the poor sole that runs him over has to live with that the rest of their life. Splitting lanes is the best thing ever, but there are the dicks. I only split lanes when coming up to a stop light. I never ride on the freeways so that is not an issue, but I dislike the guys that are running too fast between cars like that.

The OP's main purpose for getting a DS is to be a hooligan as he stated. That is a :naughty: Since he is racing and carries sponsors (Like the one that is avatar and my local bike shop), he is giving them a bad name. If I was his sponsor and saw/heard him being a hooligan on the street, he would be dropped from my support program.:prof:

That's pretty much how I do lane splitting as well. I have been known to go between a few cars in other situations, but not very often. It's self preservation.

I do a bit of freeway, but only when it's a mostly unavoidable part of a loop. For example I'll take some 126 in the my home, Lockwood Valley, 33, 150 and returning on the 126 loop. I usually do a summer 300+ mile ride loop through KM and that means the 14/395 and a little 58. Perhaps the ergo's on the Ducati aren't ideal for a long ride like that?

That's pretty much how I do lane splitting as well. I have been known to go between a few cars in other situations, but not very often. It's self preservation.

I do a bit of freeway, but only when it's a mostly unavoidable part of a loop. For example I'll take some 126 in the my home, Lockwood Valley, 33, 150 and returning on the 126 loop. I usually do a summer 300+ mile ride loop through KM and that means the 14/395 and a little 58. Perhaps the ergo's on the Ducati aren't ideal for a long ride like that?
I ran up the 150 out of Fillmore to Ojai and over through Lockwood valley, across the 138 and through lake Hughes rd back across 126 and over the 23 to Moorpark again one day. That was a long fun ride on the Duc.

I ran up the 150 out of Fillmore to Ojai and over through Lockwood valley, across the 138 and through lake Hughes rd back across 126 and over the 23 to Moorpark again one day. That was a long fun ride on the Duc.

I was getting car sick reading this.. :crazy:........ :puke:

:banghead::lame::deadhorse: Im using it to get to school and do some dual sport rides around here... Being a hooligan is a normal part of riding for me. I want modern suspension to be able to jump and hit whoops when need be.