Looking for something street legal...

Looking for a good bike to just be a hooligan on, Not ride freeways! I have around 2 grand to spend on it and im not looking for a crotch rocket or something. Im looking for something like a supermoto that will do really good wheelies, split lanes, and disappear FAST on! What are your suggestions?

Pink_scooter.jpg

Looking for a good bike to just be a hooligan on, Not ride freeways! I have around 2 grand to spend on it and im not looking for a crotch rocket or something. Im looking for something like a supermoto that will do really good wheelies, split lanes, and disappear FAST on! What are your suggestions?
Plated WR450F any year.

With those 3 things mentioned you should not buy a DS or any type of bike that can be ridden on the street. We do not need anymore Hooligans bringing bad attention to our roads here in So Cal or costing us more money when you go down. You should just stay to going around in circles in a controlled environment. Plus not a great way to be representing your current sponsors..:naughty:

For street only I think that the XL is better. It's shorter and has less travel. Stock it was also rated with the most hp of any of the RFVC engines. It has a 75mm stroke compared to the XR's 80mm which makes for a bit better high rpm performance.

Now I'm sure that modern suspension is better, but how much of a difference is it really going to make on the street?

Get you an early 2000's DRZ400S and convert it to an SM. I think it's mostly just plastics, gauge cluster deal, 17 inch wheels, street tires, and signals/mirrors. Taking a WAG at it, I would guess you can make it LEGAL for around $400. But the wheels and tires will cost you a purty penny.

A popular mod seems to be changing it from auto-tensioner to manual-tensioner.

I would love to do this...but I think a 90's sportbike is more in mine and your price range.

[hyprocrisy]Oh yeah, dont split lanes, go fast, or do wheelies.[/hypocrisy]

Believe it or not, but splitting lanes is legal in California. It's about the only state that allows it.

One thing about my XR600. When I'm at the front of the line at a light, I have to remember to go light on the throttle or that front wheel comes right up without even intending it.

$2k kind of limits you. Anything modern will be more than that.

How about a XL600? Lots o' low end torque and goes nearly 100.

or or or or or .... how 'bout a nice Husky WXC 610??? No lights but the wiring is there!

Wheelies - CHECCCCKKKKK
Split Lanes - Check (if that's your thing)
Dissappear in a hurry - Pretty sure it'll do that!... 6 speed and twice pipes ... :noidea:... how could you go wrong! :prof:... it's the dual pipes that does it! :smirk:

Get you an early 2000's DRZ400S and convert it to an SM. I think it's mostly just plastics, gauge cluster deal, 17 inch wheels, street tires, and signals/mirrors. Taking a WAG at it, I would guess you can make it LEGAL for around $400. But the wheels and tires will cost you a purty penny.

A popular mod seems to be changing it from auto-tensioner to manual-tensioner.

I would love to do this...but I think a 90's sportbike is more in mine and your price range.
DRZ400"S" is street legal and all you would need to do is slap some SM wheels on it and maybe change out the front brake setup for the bigger disc on the SM wheel.

I'm still in favor of you not getting a bike that you can ride on the street if your sole purpose is to be a hooligan on it.:prof: