Looking for a new KTM 4-stroke

Hey everyone, Id like to get some opinions on what everyone thinks my next bike should be...

Right now I ride an 08 250 sx 2 stroke. I've had it for a little under 3 years, and now Im looking at getting a new bike over the winter. (putting the 250 sx up for sale)

Since 05 I've had a 125 sx, 250 sx, now Im going for a 4T this winter.

I never race or anything, just like quick trail riding, single track, hill climbs etc.. (Hit up mx tracks the odd time, can hit jumps etc..)

Im either looking at the 530 exc, 450 exc, or the new 350exc-f. Im worried about weight mostly.. After whipping my 250 sx through woods and gnarly hilly root sections I don't wanna get a bike that I feel uncomfortable on. Im 5'6 140 pounds ride my buddies 525 sx whenever I can LoL.

Out of these 3 bikes, what would be my best bet?

Thanks! :thumb:

Hey everyone, Id like to get some opinions on what everyone thinks my next bike should be...

Right now I ride an 08 250 sx 2 stroke. I've had it for a little under 3 years, and now Im looking at getting a new bike over the winter. (putting the 250 sx up for sale)

Since 05 I've had a 125 sx, 250 sx, now Im going for a 4T this winter.

I never race or anything, just like quick trail riding, single track, hill climbs etc.. (Hit up mx tracks the odd time, can hit jumps etc..)

Im either looking at the 530 exc, 450 exc, or the new 350exc-f. Im worried about weight mostly.. After whipping my 250 sx through woods and gnarly hilly root sections I don't wanna get a bike that I feel uncomfortable on. Im 5'6 140 pounds ride my buddies 525 sx whenever I can LoL.

Out of these 3 bikes, what would be my best bet?

Thanks! :thumb:

The 350exc-f, as it is a higher revving, lighter bike.

I have ridden the 350SXF, I weigh 200+ with gear. It has a weak low end like a 2st and then pulls hard as the revs build. Much lighter feeling than a 450/525/530. There is also a 400 big bore kit avail for it and is supposed to wake up the bottom. I wish I had the money and I would do it.

if you are getting new id get that 2012 500 exc

the 530 is a great bike and dont worry about the weight. These new exc's are so nimble for the size.

Is the 500 exc street legal? That would be pretty neat.
yes its plated. its really 510cc just like the 525 and 530

BTW what year was the 525sx of your buddys that you rode? I ask cause i went from a 05 525sx to the 11 530exc and had no problems.... i weigh a LOT more then you tho.

yes its plated. its really 510cc just like the 525 and 530

BTW what year was the 525sx of your buddys that you rode? I ask cause i went from a 05 525sx to the 11 530exc and had no problems.... i weigh a LOT more then you tho.

Hey Travace, Its a 05 525sx. Im worried about my weight LoL. what about the 350 exc, sorry to bug yeah, but does EXC mean street legal? Also I really like the six days 250-f. But everyone says going from a 2T 250 to a 4T 250 is stupid. Will I find that the 250 4T isn't good coming from a racing 2T? (Meaning go with the bigger 350 or something?)

What do you guys think I could get for my bike? (rough estimate) :ride:

Thanks for your time, I need some help!!! :cry:

Attachments

• IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 92
Im keeping my 2-T!! I thought long and hard about it, put it up for sale, had tons of bites, but I just couldn't sell it. (I guess I like it to much)

So I took it into my dealership. They're putting an xc bottom end in my sx so I can have lighting. :banana: (plus the battery, stator etc.. all the goodies lol)

While they're in there I told them to put a new top end in it.

Gunna have them winterize it for now. Ill pick it up in the new year.

This should keep my mind off getting a new bike for now :ride:

Merry Christmas everyone :blah: