Looking for a dirtbike

Hello everyone,
I'm looking to get a dirtbike to ride mostly trails (rocks and sandy uphill tracks), some light adventure stuff(I wanna ride at Moab, UT) , and maybe try a few jumps at the local track:devil:. I come from street riding supersports, harleys and mopeds.

I'm 5'6 with 30" inseam, about 170 lbs. I can manage a 35" seat height. 36" or more, I'll shave the seat.

Looking for something with good power, light weight and reliable. Don't mind buying new/used as long as it gets the job done.

Thanks!
D.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I'm looking to get a dirtbike to ride mostly trails (rocks and sandy uphill tracks), some light adventure stuff(I wanna ride at Moab, UT) , and maybe try a few jumps at the local track:devil:. I come from street riding supersports, harleys and mopeds.

I'm 5'6 with 30" inseam, about 170 lbs. I can manage a 35" seat height. 36" or more, I'll shave the seat.

Looking for something with good power, light weight and reliable. Don't mind buying new/used as long as it gets the job done.

Thanks!
D.
most bikes at the 34-35” seat height are the dual sport types, I looked pretty closely at this market while shopping for a bike for the wife to ride, based on what I saw and your post, I might recommend the Kawasaki KLX 300. I rode one last summer, I thought it was a fun ride, the forks seemed a little slow in high speed whoops type stuff but overall a good mix between dual sport and enduro. Good power, doesn’t feel as heavy as other dual sports and a comfortable layout.