Let's get things cookin

Anybody ever done one of these?

I wanted to try this but the ole lady wouldn't hear of it..I need to get my man card back..anyone seen it laying around :lol:

I used to make this in a restaurant that I worked at. It is amazing, I know you like bones Trav, but you have not lived until you have Turducken with a homemade Hollandaise Sauce.

This is a very difficult procedure and will not be easy the first time you do it. THe best way is to have someone who has done it before show you how to debone the birds without mutilating the meat.

I used to make this in a restaurant that I worked at. It is amazing, I know you like bones Trav, but you have not lived until you have Turducken with a homemade Hollandaise Sauce.

This is a very difficult procedure and will not be easy the first time you do it. THe best way is to have someone who has done it before show you how to debone the birds without mutilating the meat.

I have deboned many a deer legs in my day, so I figure I could handle this. I know it is not the same but I figured I give a go. it won't be for the Tday tho:cry:

No pic's however this is what I've got planned for Sat at the REZ in the dez......

4 turkey breasts marinaded in cilantro, garlic, S & P, EVOO and ??? then wrap them in bacon and grill/smoke till done!

My NEW version of green bean casserolle...fry up several strips of bacon until crispy, pull out of pan, cook sliced mushrooms with garlic, add green beans (4 cans...fresh would be better but hey, I'm camping), cook til warm/hot, parmesion cheese, put chopped up bacon back in pan and sprinkle with french friend onion rings....MMMMmmmmmmMMMMMMmmm good

and rice......maybe some dirty rice just to really mix things up a bit! :banana:

Now that's my idea of a great salad!

Ok, that is the ultimate and now I must try that. Maybe I will make one when I come down to the desert after Christmas.

Also have wanted to try one of those, but don't have the required knife/deboning skills necessary. Looked into buying one but could not find one locally here in SoCal. If you have them shipped, it is very expensive.

@ Geek...in response to your roost for my recipes.

Turkey = Decided against wrapping in bacon...had bacon for breakfast PLUS was putting bacon in the green bean dish...had to give the heart-arries a break. The turkey came out better than expected. Damn things weren't whole breastseses, they had a net holding all the parts together but it was all white meat. Made the marinade, let them "soak" in it for a couple days...grilled em to get some char marks then set them aside and smoked them for about an hour...came out pretty good...not as juicy as I hoped but not bad. Marinade gave them lots fo flavor.

Green bean stuff = came out as expected..............grrRREAT

Rez. I stopped by your place and it was empty.

When? I heard you were going to be out there so I was expecting you to come by. We got there at 11 Friday AM, stuck around all day then went for a ride Sat afternoon for about 3 hours, came back around 3 and left Sun at 11 AM...The wind sucked.....