Let's Clean it baby!

Okay guys I need all the details on how to clean a bike to look new. I would ask CDA but his bike has never got dirty enough to even need cleaning.....:P Anyways I want to get this little 65 cleaned up and purty. So how do you make the plastic gleam and that nice polished pipe shine and any other items you can think of. Give me all the details!

one time at the track a guy pulled up next to me with the cleanest bike i have ever seen that wasnt on a dealership floor. I aksed him if the bike was brand new and he said no i have owned it for a year or so now. he went on to tell me how he is super anal about cleaning his bike and he has tried all kinds of the bike specific cleaning products and nothing he has found works better then this stuff...
1010040285.jpg

i jsut use soap and water myself but if you want to sell the bike maybe try it out ... its pretty cheap.

Soft Scrub with Bleach work killer also. The hard part is scrubbing in the nooks and krannies, but get a scrubber toilet brush, and take your time, and it'll look great. :thumb:

That was me. :smirk: I use this stuff all the time in a diluted mixture though, spray the bike down with water, spray on this stuff and let it set for a few minutes and then spray it off. If I have some nasty mud I will use a car washing mitten with car washing soap. How about you CDA? :P
one time at the track a guy pulled up next to me with the cleanest bike i have ever seen that wasnt on a dealership floor. I aksed him if the bike was brand new and he said no i have owned it for a year or so now. he went on to tell me how he is super anal about cleaning his bike and he has tried all kinds of the bike specific cleaning products and nothing he has found works better then this stuff...
1010040285.jpg

i jsut use soap and water myself but if you want to sell the bike maybe try it out ... its pretty cheap.

Simple_Green.jpgplexus.jpgbike_wash_tools_703_ap.jpg7110049_nuf_nf76_pri_detl.jpgwd-40-br69235874.jpg975_16x24_yellow_5_main.jpgScotchBriteNoScratch.jpg

These items is what I use to get the 450, TTR and 250 looking nice and shiny after a hard day sitting on the stand collecting dust in the Dez.
pencil.png

Take it through the powerwasher, spray everything down REALLY good, take it home, dry it off. Then clean the chain with slick 50 and lube everything up. Finish it off with a coat of turtle wax and she shines!
001.jpg

Yeah, it's like a green paste

Slick 50 is no doubt the best chain cleaner/lube I ever bought. spray it on your chain, take a wire brush to it, and wipe it off with a rag. Then apply the lube again and your good to go!

SK_OtherProducts_group.gif turtlewax2.jpg