Leaking coolant

Hey guys just went to take my bike for a ride and as i was gearing up my bike was idling to warm up and i looked at the bike and there was a bunch of coolant on the ground. I shut the bike off and noted that it was leaking out of a little hole out of the water pump that is a factory hole called the weep hole. I under stand now that i need to replace seals in the water pump and have found a whole rebuild kit. Is this the kit i need? I have a 2001 yz 250.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1820/40026/Hot-Rods-Water-Pump-Repair-Kit?v=1620

Yes. That will work. I however only use oem for stuff like that. To me it is worth the extra squish.

Edit: I should add that the Hotrods kit appears to me to be a good kit. I have never known anyone that has used it though.

Yes. That will work. I however only use oem for stuff like that. To me it is worth the extra squish.

Edit: I should add that the Hotrods kit appears to me to be a good kit. I have never known anyone that has used it though.

What do you mean extra "squish"?

That's what you need, and he means extra money. I have never had issues with hotrods products, rockymountain is #1 too.

Well im gonna call yami dealer on monday and see their prices. Its gonna cost $30 to ship it to me from rocky mountain. Canadian Problems.

Okay. I heard antifreeze with silica (something like that?) Is hard on gaskets and seals. Is an antifreeze wth low silica good or does it have to be no silica at all?

Last edited:
Okay. I heard antifreeze with silica (something like that?) Is hard on gaskets and seals. Is an antifreeze wth low silica good or does it have to be no silica at all?
Supposedly silica is corrosive to aluminum, havn't really seen that in my experience, and anyways if you change your coolant every season I can't see a problem either way. I use napa extended antifreeze, simply because it's easily available to me.