Ladies! Where are you?

NH, start with the regular, its good for a base becasue it works everything together. throw straght leg in when a little strength is built up. good form is a must:prof: or ill get my lil whip out on you

squats--now try pistol squats

ps i lift without gloves or straps to toughen hand skin and not be a pussy with grip strength

Doesn't that part belong in the ReHab section?

NH, start with the regular, its good for a base becasue it works everything together. throw straght leg in when a little strength is built up. good form is a must:prof: or ill get my lil whip out on you

ps i lift without gloves or straps to toughen hand skin and not be a pussy with grip strength
A Properly setup bike and gripping with the knees will eliminate the need for for having "tuff hand skin". At least I read that somewhere, because I don't know...:devil:

okay first of all... did i miss something?? :lol:
Second, I have no idea what a pistol squat is
third i never use gloves or straps either, those are for pussies... :smirk:
All offence intended for all of those males who use them

I had a good work out regiment going, but not so much now that summer started (no where to work out) so i gotta get back on that, but i do ride my bike

A Properly setup bike and gripping with the knees will eliminate the need for for having "tuff hand skin". At least I read that somewhere, because I don't know...:devil:

tough hand skin--there *are* other things i do that need tough hands, splitting wood (great ab wo btw), getting the tops off of the pickle jars, etc. but with weightlifting the heavier you go the tougher your hands need to be, you can only lift what your hands can hold w/o tearing--you knew that, right??? haha:P

okay first of all... did i miss something?? :lol:
Second, I have no idea what a pistol squat is
third i never use gloves or straps either, those are for pussies... :smirk:
All offence intended for all of those males who use them

I had a good work out regiment going, but not so much now that summer started (no where to work out) so i gotta get back on that, but i do ride my bike

look it up on you tube

a kind of one leg squat--if you can do this all the way you will have tree trunk thighs. be very careful though, you have to build up slowly so your knees can take it. it will also really help your balance. my knees aren't up to full bodyweight all the way down yet, so i have two dog leashes attached to the top of a door which i hold to support a little of my weght. it will really kick your butt:thumb: GREAT for the bike!!

ah, 18, so sad, too young for DEVO ha

ohhhh its just a one legged squat, i did those at track... when you gotta do 20 of them 4 times it really kicks your ass lol

Ok, I just tried to do one and I almost ate it! I cant even bend my knee very far when doing it! Sheesh! I need to get busy and get strong again...this thread just reminds me and that one legged squat I just tried threw it in my face!

Hey Ladies I'm working on getting my wife to work out so she can handle more riding. Anything you ladies recommend for her. She is about 5'8 and maybe 125#. Our 50+ mile rides make her lower back sore.

keep the abs in great shape, men dont really have to worry about it as much because we have some *FUN* baggage up top, if the abs are in shape = less back problems.... :banana: