Ladies! Where are you?

Hey Ladies I'm working on getting my wife to work out so she can handle more riding. Anything you ladies recommend for her. She is about 5'8 and maybe 125#. Our 50+ mile rides make her lower back sore.

waiting for plushpuppy to come in and chime in :thumb:

she helps do articles for a fitness site i think.

or was that a different DBAddet ?

Hey Ladies I'm working on getting my wife to work out so she can handle more riding. Anything you ladies recommend for her. She is about 5'8 and maybe 125#. Our 50+ mile rides make her lower back sore.

5'8 125? Wow! Super model measurements, lucky her! and I take it she has some long legs too? So many women have that issue and it is a big problem. Weak arms and not being able to touch the ground can rob confidence and ability. I would say core strength is key, especially for the back. She should do back strengthing excercises, any and all! Wearing a kidney belt may help her back also. In addition to popping a couple motrin before and after. Obiviously any and all exercises help with riding. I notice a BIG difference when Im in the gym regularly. Lately I havent done jack didley and I really noticed it on the last ride. Usually I feel little to nothing after riding the LPNF, last ride I felt it a little in the legs and arms. If your strong, the bike is easier to ride. Particularly for women, our upper body strength is lacking in order to man handle a bike. That is great Bryce that she rides. 50 miles isnt such a bad thing, that is a decent distance. Heck, she is riding and that is all that matters!:thumb: The more fun she has the longer she will want to go and the better she will get. But you didnt say she needed to get better so why I say all this I dont know:noidea: Well anyways....always keep it fun!:banana: Plush can offer more. She is the one armed expert.

http://www.racerxvt.com/article/the-deadlift-for-motocross

there is my article that will give you a start. riding a bike is a whole body thing, you need to build a base of integrated training before you address specific weakness. in a few weeks ther will be an article about upper body for women:ride:

back extentions and supermans on a exercise ball aer great, planks for isometric, running for endurance

its not a back thing, its a CORE thing--weak abs will fatigue your back, train the whole core together, kettle bell swings n deadlifts are great

for instance how deadlift rocks i tried my max 1 rep lift one day--`150#--got the hugest core contraction from one stinkin rep, a great burn that when recovered made significant strength improvement. yay for heavy, BUT you HAVE to work up to it no short cuts you will rip someting

crunches wont do it

NH, start with the regular, its good for a base becasue it works everything together. throw straght leg in when a little strength is built up. good form is a must:prof: or ill get my lil whip out on you

squats--now try pistol squats

ps i lift without gloves or straps to toughen hand skin and not be a pussy with grip strength