Labradorcoaster-"Stay where you is, til I comes where yer at!"

It was suggested I do a brief intro with a few pics of my ride. At 52 I am just getting into dirtbike riding. and what do I do I go out and buy a fabulous like new 2007 YZ250 motor cross, stud it out and go riding in the snow and ice.

Buddies just say it is a complete lack of rational thought. Anyhow, live on a small rocky island in the Gulf of St. Lawrence called Harrington Harbour, it is actually in Quebec not Labrador, but that is a small political not geographical detail. This ground cover is either lichen covered granite or bog/swamp, not easy riding for an amateur. find the snow riding actually easier.

Last summer I transferred the bike by boat to the mainland and ran the sand dunes, beach etc. now building a small chalet there (to house the Bike...) There are miles and miles of rugged ground to explore there in due time.There are no other bikes here in town! lots of ATV's, no roads or cars etc. looking forward to chatting with you all and learning from your collective knowledge.

I posted a couple of these pics in an earlier thread, tires are studded out with case hardened concrete screws, regular 3/4'' hex head wood screws in the front, had to snip a bit off each...

The pic of the snowmobile and building materials is the location of the planned ''Beach Hut'' No Bikinis allowed after December...

All the best,

Wilson

Attachments

• YZ250 & HH resized.jpg
    YZ250 & HH resized.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Top of island.jpg
    Top of island.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN0276.JPG
    DSCN0276.JPG
    224.9 KB · Views: 20
  • studded tire.JPG
    studded tire.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 18
Having a island as your playground sounds amazing :drool:. Post up some more pics! Also nice bike alot of people around here love the yz250's, can't say i wouldn't ride one myself

SRAD97750

Staff member
That is an amazing view and area. Looks awesome.
Now get out and construct a cabin wherever you damn well please!:clap:
-BIG DAN:thumb:

It was suggested I do a brief intro with a few pics of my ride. At 52 I am just getting into dirtbike riding. and what do I do I go out and buy a fabulous like new 2007 YZ250 motor cross, stud it out and go riding in the snow and ice.

Buddies just say it is a complete lack of rational thought. Anyhow, live on a small rocky island in the Gulf of St. Lawrence called Harrington Harbour, it is actually in Quebec not Labrador, but that is a small political not geographical detail. This ground cover is either lichen covered granite or bog/swamp, not easy riding for an amateur. find the snow riding actually easier.

Last summer I transferred the bike by boat to the mainland and ran the sand dunes, beach etc. now building a small chalet there (to house the Bike...) There are miles and miles of rugged ground to explore there in due time.There are no other bikes here in town! lots of ATV's, no roads or cars etc. looking forward to chatting with you all and learning from your collective knowledge.

I posted a couple of these pics in an earlier thread, tires are studded out with case hardened concrete screws, regular 3/4'' hex head wood screws in the front, had to snip a bit off each...

The pic of the snowmobile and building materials is the location of the planned ''Beach Hut'' No Bikinis allowed after December...

All the best,

Wilson

Cool pics, literally.

Is that Harrington harbour in the background of the first YZ picture?

Welcome to DBA!

:canada: