la la la hello kick start...

new here these are my babies, and I am pissed that the 230 doesnt have a kick start anyone know if there are any kits to make an 09 kick start?
40524_457658111321_758116321_6248680_8082715_n.jpg

45718_457658141321_758116321_6248681_7227665_n.jpg

James

Staff member
:lol: Nice title, Welcome BTW :wave:

Don't worry there's more then just old guys (*cough* Rack :devil:) on here, there's Sun, Plushpuppy, lovestruck, and dirtdiva (:bonk: I think I missed a couple :sorry:)

I don't have any particular knowledge about your particular bike, but you may be able to adapt the kick start. I base that opinion on how Honda deleted the kickstart on the XR650L vs the XR600. To put a kickstart on a XR650L you need the side cover, and kick starter stuff from a XR600. The thing that makes it more difficult is that you also need the countershaft from a XR600. That means totally disassembling the engine. I would guess that you will have to do more or less the same thing. Then again your engine cases might be missing some machining and that would make it more difficult.

Welcome:wave:
So glad to see another girl here :banana:
I never did understand the 230 missing a kick...doesnt make sense to me. Especially since there is no warning when you leave the key on. Im thinking the 230 must be a back up bike for you with a YZ250 on hand. Utah too! I like you! Two bikes, lives in Utah, you'd make a good friend:thumb:hehe!

Best wishes on the kick....I say sell it! Get some goodies for the YZ

Again, welcome!

Welcome Turbo :thumb:. Didn't get a chance to tag you last night, I was too busy trash talking in the Chat room..:smirk: What part of Utah are you from? Close to Temple Mountain? 5MOH? Cainsville? Areas, I will be visiting I hope soon. I have relatives in Loa that is right in the middle of those areas.

hey hey

Welcome Turbo :thumb:. Didn't get a chance to tag you last night, I was too busy trash talking in the Chat room..:smirk: What part of Utah are you from? Close to Temple Mountain? 5MOH? Cainsville? Areas, I will be visiting I hope soon. I have relatives in Loa that is right in the middle of those areas.

I live in St. George, UT...... don't know how far that is from Loa!!! but can't be too far! haha :ride: