All LA Barstow to Vegas Dual Sport Tour!

Why wait? Just ride. Besides there is no BLM overseer if you do it for yourself. A chase vehicle is nice addition. The people who participate just need to be prepared for it. You had also be ready for some, ok a lot of dirt roads. It's not like you ride singletrack the whole way.

Why wait? Just ride. Besides there is no BLM overseer if you do it for yourself. A chase vehicle is nice addition. The people who participate just need to be prepared for it. You had also be ready for some, ok a lot of dirt roads. It's not like you ride singletrack the whole way.

I agree. Although the first part of LA, over to the Mojave Dez, there are parts that are usually off limits. But then again, that has never stopped me before.:devil:.

OMG i've been talkin about this ride from the time wait befor i got my bike, I heard a rumor that they are tring to shut it down and this may be the last year it can be done :thumb: nice find Rack:rocker:

I may have to find a plated bike if we get enough DBAers on here to do it. I have been talking about this event since they shut down the BtoV race after '89.

If you start and end in OHV friendly spots like Cal City and Primm, it can be done on a non plated bike. Well make that almost. The routes that I have done require going over the 15 at Baker and some riding through the preserve. Both of those locations need a plate. I think that others have crossed the 15 at Rasor road and made it to Baker north of the 15. That way there is only a tiny amount of pavement.

Another possibility is a chase truck to either gas the bikes of ferry them across the very short pavement sections.

It is a lot easier and lower stress to just have a plate though.

For something different, how about a the Bacon Strip ranch ride? Gas at Minneola road. I think that place is open again. They have a website and a facebook page. Primarily a airplane place, but hey bikes get there too. It's south of the Rasor riding area. This is pretty much green sticker friendly.

http://www.baconstrip.net/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crucero-CA/Bacon-Strip/146875161995670