500 KX500 tank

hey guys, my 92 kx500 tank sits super high compared to my 03 kx250 and 14 ktm 250xcw, obviously. It's got like a 9 gallon tank I swear. The only thing I use her for is hillclimbing so I don't need a ton of fuel. After bouncing my nuts off it 3 or 4 times it's getting old. It is a stock tank, wondering if anyone has changed out the tank for a smaller one? Mods, other tank that may fit? Help!

hey guys, my 92 kx500 tank sits super high compared to my 03 kx250 and 14 ktm 250xcw, obviously. It's got like a 9 gallon tank I swear. The only thing I use her for is hillclimbing so I don't need a ton of fuel. After bouncing my nuts off it 3 or 4 times it's getting old. It is a stock tank, wondering if anyone has changed out the tank for a smaller one? Mods, other tank that may fit? Help!

Stock tanks sit pretty high. How about a pic?

The KX250 tank will fit on the 500. I had a KX250 in 89 and put a 500 tank on it so I did not need to purchase a dez tank. The stock 500 tank was just enough to get me through the dez loops when racing.

That critter will love you if you get the axle back to where the slot ends. Even more if you extend the swing arm about 2.5 inches and cut a full coil off the spring.

That critter will love you if you get the axle back to where the slot ends. Even more if you extend the swing arm about 2.5 inches and cut a full coil off the spring.
Well it's gonna be a hill climber so it's getting either 6" or 12" extensions. New MB5 or 12 paddle tire

yeah, play with what will work as far as knee gripping etc. you have to be familiar with a man named Kerry Peterson, even if you don't actually know him. Meeting him was on my bucket list and I enjoyed talking to him a lot.

yeah, play with what will work as far as knee gripping etc. you have to be familiar with a man named Kerry Peterson, even if you don't actually know him. Meeting him was on my bucket list and I enjoyed talking to him a lot.
Does he have a son named Robbie of team Peterson?

Google him. twin engined cr500 was the coolest hill climber.
I know who he is lol. I grew up watching him at the great American hillclimb here in billings mt. I met him in the pits a few times. I distinctly remember that twin engine. I remember watching him kick over both motors