250F kx250f frame help

James

Staff member
hi i have a 2005 kx250f steel frame im wanting to use the ali frame will every thing from my bike fit the ali frame ?

This is highly unlikely. From what I remember the 04-05 were the same (steel frame). Then when Suzuki and Kawi broke up, Kawi redesigned the [aluminum] frame for the 06-08 bikes.

The only thing that is similar and will bolt in is the motor. The 06'-08' bikes were completely different ground-up than the 04'-05' bikes, and 06' and up motors are much more reliable and pull alot harder. The difference between the 04'-05' and 06'-08' motors is the head. I'm sure the forks could be swapped over somehow, but unless you can find an 06' up with a blown motor it'd be cheaper to sell your bike and buy a newer bike. I rebuilt a 1995 KX250 and i've done everything to make it as modern as possible, and can you ask James or any other member and they will most likely say it's a damn nice bike for a two fiddy two-smoke, but it's still not up to par with bikes made in the last five years. I've got about 5 grand in the bike to, newer forks, NOS parts, newer shock, etc. So after trying to do something similar to what you have in mind, I can safely say just buy a new or newer bike. :thumb: