125 KX125 starting problem

So i just picked up a kx125 2007 yesterday it ran fine the last owner rode it once this summer and it was in fine condition he said and it started like 3rd kick cold and 1st warm i started it earlier today
but when i went to start it with my brother today it didnt start after kicking and kicking i finally got it started and turned choke of and shut it off to let my brothet try kicking it and it wouldnt start so we tried putting new gas cause we dont know how old it was and mixed 32:1 drained old gas and put the new mix in and still wouldnt start so we checked the spark plug and it was wet cleaned it and put it back in and checked for spark while the coil was of and it is getting spark so we put it back in and tried still didnt start so took the plug out again and cleaned a few times and then tried pushing it and it didnt start just turned over. I think it might be clogged jet or something but wouldnt the spark plug be dry then?

SRAD97750

Staff member
So i just picked up a kx125 2007 yesterday it ran fine the last owner rode it once this summer and it was in fine condition he said and it started like 3rd kick cold and 1st warm i started it earlier today
but when i went to start it with my brother today it didnt start after kicking and kicking i finally got it started and turned choke of and shut it off to let my brothet try kicking it and it wouldnt start so we tried putting new gas cause we dont know how old it was and mixed 32:1 drained old gas and put the new mix in and still wouldnt start so we checked the spark plug and it was wet cleaned it and put it back in and checked for spark while the coil was of and it is getting spark so we put it back in and tried still didnt start so took the plug out again and cleaned a few times and then tried pushing it and it didnt start just turned over. I think it might be clogged jet or something but wouldnt the spark plug be dry then?
The spark plug may be getting some fuel, but not the correct fuel for starting.
I suspect the carburetor is plugged in the jets or passageways associated. Luckily, cleaning a carburetor is mostly free. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Sure, throw in a new plug, cant hurt.
And Big Dan has you covered;
"Luckily, cleaning a carburetor is mostly free. -BIG DAN"
Especially here at DBA, lots of info here, do a search.
Easy peasy.

Ai always inspect the plug for spark but on a 2T they get changed so often that pretty much always my first go do is the carb on a 2T! Then if no start up after a dozen kicks go check for air leaks, if theres no probs there I go clean the carb again properly!
Then I'll buy a new plug or 2