450F kx 450f front suspension help the elderly!!!!!!

please help replaced all bushings and seals 2013 kx 450 i have no rebound or compression rebuilt everything to the tee what he heck any suggestions? the only thing i did not do was put 35psi air in. new oil in outer and inner. all seal in no leaks.if i put the bike on the ground front end drops all the y to tire, if i put on a stand it does nothing i am able to push the front tire down but goes back up pleaxse help

SRAD97750

Staff member
I'm sorry I do not understand the issue.
You rebuilt the forks? And now there are no springs in them?
-BIG DAN:thumb:

2013 has the air forks. Supposed to be 32 - 41 PSI. When they compress, do you still read pressure in the forks? Sounds like something isn't in the right place.

thanks for the reply ill try to be short as possible while giving as much info as i can i apologize in advance for using the wrong terminology. 2013 kx450f bought used for my son when i purchased front tire was almost touching fender. very little compression 450 looked like a pw 80. figured the seals were bad ordered kit to replace seals bushings etc. both forks are the same both have the dampening tube with the rod in side that pushes up and down filled it with oil when i replaced seals 235cc or 343cc cant remember but i no its right. also added new oil to the outer tube i did nothing to the inside of this tube except clean it up and push the rod a few times while adding oil to remove any air. replaced the two bushings,spacer, ring,main seal ,dust cap on both forks. replaced all the smaller orings on the cap. my cap has one screw one is the clicker and the other has a shredder valve like on a car tire. i read specs says to pump up to 35 psi i dont have a way to pump them up at the moment looks like i need a fitting that will accommodate the hole where the valve is. at the moment i can take the bike off the stand and the front goes down all the way. if i put the bike on the stand i can push down on the tire and the forks will extend. nothing is pushing the forks its like they are stiff i was hoping that adding the right amount of air would fix this. at the moment im trying to come up with a way to add air. but it looks like to me the chamber of the forks where the air sits at is only about 6 to 8 inches tall 35 psi seems like a lot of pressure in such a small area. and i do believe these forks are the two chamber forks kx started the 3 chamber in 2015 any advice will be appreciated my son was diagnosed with a terminal illness. he loves motocross and says when his time comes he wants it to be while he is riding. im not looking forward to that day however its enviable, and im building the bike the best i can with money i dont have.

big dan please exuse me im just a old country boy faking it just t make it. when the phrase spring in used im pictuing a spring like on a trampoline these forks had no springs only the inner tube with the rod inside that moves up and down

SRAD97750

Staff member
Not your bad, Shit, I didn't know air shocks existed. I am not able to wade into the water on this one.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

2013 has the air forks. Supposed to be 32 - 41 PSI. When they compress, do you still read pressure in the forks? Sounds like something isn't in the right place.
thanks for the reply ill try to be short as possible while giving as much info as i can i apologize in advance for using the wrong terminology. 2013 kx450f bought used for my son when i purchased front tire was almost touching fender. very little compression 450 looked like a pw 80. figured the seals were bad ordered kit to replace seals bushings etc. both forks are the same both have the dampening tube with the rod in side that pushes up and down filled it with oil when i replaced seals 235cc or 343cc cant remember but i no its right. also added new oil to the outer tube i did nothing to the inside of this tube except clean it up and push the rod a few times while adding oil to remove any air. replaced the two bushings,spacer, ring,main seal ,dust cap on both forks. replaced all the smaller orings on the cap. my cap has one screw one is the clicker and the other has a shredder valve like on a car tire. i read specs says to pump up to 35 psi i dont have a way to pump them up at the moment looks like i need a fitting that will accommodate the hole where the valve is. at the moment i can take the bike off the stand and the front goes down all the way. if i put the bike on the stand i can push down on the tire and the forks will extend. nothing is pushing the forks its like they are stiff i was hoping that adding the right amount of air would fix this. at the moment im trying to come up with a way to add air. but it looks like to me the chamber of the forks where the air sits at is only about 6 to 8 inches tall 35 psi seems like a lot of pressure in such a small area. and i do believe these forks are the two chamber forks kx started the 3 chamber in 2015 any advice will be appreciated my son was diagnosed with a terminal illness. he loves motocross and says when his time comes he wants it to be while he is riding. im not looking forward to that day however its enviable, and im building the bike the best i can with money i dont have.

Attachments

• IMG_20230304_165816745 (1).jpg
    IMG_20230304_165816745 (1).jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20230304_165834866 (1).jpg
    IMG_20230304_165834866 (1).jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20230304_163847254.jpg
    IMG_20230304_163847254.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20230304_161346126.jpg
    IMG_20230304_161346126.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 2
Unfortunately, I'm only a tick above Dan because I can say I've heard of air forks, but that's about the extent of my knowledge. I googled and got the specs for the air pressure for the forks. It seems like the issue is lack of pressure in the right place to extend the suspension to where It should be. Since it doesn't have conventional fork springs, it must use air pressure in place of them. I did see a special pump to fill the forks when I did the search. I know Harley has a special pump to air up their forks and air shocks that allows you to release the hose without loosing air. But they use standard schrader air valves on their stuff. I see Works Connection makes some special adapters for the forks to add air and look like they are worth the price versus having to fiddle with trying to fill the forks without them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOCk4UflrTk