Pro KTM 350 SXF

yeah i have seen and touched the bike 6 months ago, i did a full right up on it in the ktm sx form on TT with pics and everything...it is awesome
advantages are - better traction, lighter, less fatiuge.
disadvantages are- a little less power, and an orange frame.:smirk:
hangtown has alot of huge power robbing hill climbs and some fairly loamy dirt. i think that was a huge test for the 350...there will a couple of tracks that are sandier and possibly tough on it but most tracks will suit it just fine...
TOO much power is tough to ride, tough to hold on to, and too much wheel spin, causing lower lap times and fatigue...i think the 350 is a very viable race bike if it proves reliable enough:banana:

Since you wrote it bring the article over here and repost it for us to see! :thumb:
yeah i have seen and touched the bike 6 months ago, i did a full right up on it in the ktm sx form on TT with pics and everything...it is awesome
advantages are - better traction, lighter, less fatiuge.
disadvantages are- a little less power, and an orange frame.:smirk:
hangtown has alot of huge power robbing hill climbs and some fairly loamy dirt. i think that was a huge test for the 350...there will a couple of tracks that are sandier and possibly tough on it but most tracks will suit it just fine...
TOO much power is tough to ride, tough to hold on to, and too much wheel spin, causing lower lap times and fatigue...i think the 350 is a very viable race bike if it proves reliable enough:banana:

truthfully, i don't think it will do as well against the 450's as people think. Unless, it is around 10 pounds lighter(which i don't think it will be). I think this will be especially true in the pro ranks. those guys have been training a ton and i think they can actually use the power on the 450 to its potential, well mostly.In the local ranks i think it will be a force to be reckoned with though.

This is the start of Glen Helen

attachment.php

Weren't both

Alessi and Cairoli on the 350's at Glen Helen?

I'd say pretty darn competetive so far.

Dang, looks like they have the holeshots, but how do they handle?

They went 1-2 at GH. And Cairoli has a 68 point lead over 2nd place after 7 rounds in world moto.
Alessi won a Hangtown moto, and is in third after Texas.
If the bikes are down on power at all, thier handling better be top notch to hang outdoors.

I'm waiting for the second coming of the 2 strokes.....I miss 'em.:blah::blah: