King Of the Hammers

Leaving Thursday after work, picking up my daughter and we're outta heah.......My buddy and his 2 sons are going to be out there (my place...the REZ which is directly across 247) today to take in all the pre-race stuff and do some 4x4/crawling. Race time is Friday at 8:00 AM sharp! :ride:

Sorry to stop your wheels, but the actual race is Friday. :rant:

Timo'z correct...It's Friday.........Let me know if you're still considering it. If I remember correctly you were out to Means last Memorial weekend...that's where the event is...

Timo'z correct...It's Friday.........Let me know if you're still considering it. If I remember correctly you were out to Means last Memorial weekend...that's where the event is...

Why would it be on Friday only? And why :rant:not Saturday? Hmmm....maybe not then.

Why would it be on Friday only? And why :rant:not Saturday? Hmmm....maybe not then.

It is a week long event...qualifying on Tues/Wed, UTV race on Thurs and KOH on Fri...the only thing I've heard is it is held on a weekday so it can remain open for the public to use on the weekend. No positive proof just hear-say!

Ill be heading out there tomorrow night, still deciding whether or not to bring my bike. Ive never been up there with the bike, and with 60k+ people expected to show....im sure its going to be a mad house out there. If you see me in/on either one of these girls, feel free to stop me and say hello!
8917_101458153204468_100000208522555_38908_5109432_n.jpg

74220_177154432301506_100000208522555_660704_4472225_n.jpg

It may be a mad house however if you've been there before you'll know they enforce the rules/laws pretty good...lot's of LEO's present. I'd say bring the bike, it'd make getting around and parking MUCH easier...especially with the "new" spectator areas. It'l make getting from one place to anotehr a lot faster too!

See you there........maybe. I'll be with/in a red lifted Samurai and a red lifted/crawled Cherokee...If I had my Bronco I'd be easier to find...white OJ Special Bronco with millions of stickers on the side windows AND OJ's picture! :smirk:

A recent phone call from a friend saying we can work in the shop tonight changes my plans. Bike is staying at home, as the truck is getting some more armor tonight and ready to hit a couple trails on Saturday. Just got a light ride in last weekend. And hitting up Last Chance Canyon the following weekend. This weekend calls for some 4 wheel action!Normally I'd say its pretty easy to spot my truck out of a group of trucks....but not when they are all fellow crawlers. So good luck. Hope everyone has a good time out there, and makes it home in one piece! :banana:

A recent phone call from a friend saying we can work in the shop tonight changes my plans. Bike is staying at home, as the truck is getting some more armor tonight and ready to hit a couple trails on Saturday. Just got a light ride in last weekend. And hitting up Last Chance Canyon the following weekend. This weekend calls for some 4 wheel action!Normally I'd say its pretty easy to spot my truck out of a group of trucks....but not when they are all fellow crawlers. So good luck. Hope everyone has a good time out there, and makes it home in one piece! :banana:

and the same to you.....:thumb:

I want some pics from you Hammer Time!

It's Hammer time, Hammer time:banana::banana:

MC Hammer....Cant touch this!!

We camped @ Cougar Buttes, opposite side of Johnson Valley and took the 30 mile ride over to the Hammers

P1000958.jpg
Stopped and watched the carnage at this spot for a little bit until we were bored of it.
P1000960.jpg
Went into ground central
P1000962.jpg
and met up with Jim Ryan of http://ktmofmoab.com/
to talk some chat about Costa Rica biz and dirtbikes. Cool guy, everyone should go to Moab and ride with him!
P1000963.jpg

Rode back into the sun and camp, no wind, weather was pretty warm and it was a beautiful moonset
P1000966.jpg
The next day we boiled radiators and played in rocks, there's some good stuff out there if you look for it.:thumb:
P1000972.jpgP1000974.jpgP1000970.jpgP1000973.jpg

Here is a video over on backdoor from my buddies camera. What a great race!

bajataxi great pics man! Looks like you know where the two wheel trails are out there. You don't happen to have any of those trails mapped out do ya?

Didn't have any two wheel fun up there, but i sure did have some fun on 4!
ava.png

My daughter took a butt load of pictures at Jack Hammer, Back door and Chocolate Thunder...no serious carnage shots though...had a great time. My buddy and I decided that next year he and I are going to load one of our rides with a cooler, chairs and an awning and go early to Jack/Sledge Hammer and pick a spot to sit at all day. Once we got to the next destination since so many people were there we had to hike quite a bit to see very little.

The one pic shown above at Backdoor was common, the waterfalls were pretty difficult to climb so most of the guys were saving their equipment and winched their way up. There were a few teams that gave the crowd a good show. :thumb:

Nice! Looks like a fun time Rez. Good idea to set up early next year. Wish I would of come out. Moab AND Costa Rica are both on my bucket list Taxi Man!

we're gonna have a full moon next weekend I think:banana:

Nice! Looks like a fun time Rez. Good idea to set up early next year. Wish I would of come out. Moab AND Costa Rica are both on my bucket list Taxi Man!

we're gonna have a full moon next weekend I think:banana:

How's this...:moon:...too soon ? :smirk: