Gas Gas kill switch

bingo worked perfect now only to tidy up the wiring..:) thanks dan..any suggestions off where to mount the earth to the frame..oh and nice rebuild tread on the yam Im about 6 pages in looks good

SRAD97750

Staff member
:hifive:
Yeah, the kill switch portion of the CDI failed. I've never seen it before, but it can happen I guess.
We just bypassed the cdi completely.-BIG DAN:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
oh and would the new way damage the cdi by letting the spark go through the frame
Not at all. The CDI performs the same task internally when using the stock wiring.
The white wire is (was) connected to the kill switch wire inside the CDI.

Been looking at the manual and I think the old switch I removed was a cdi switch? ? the kill switch could be on the control switch for the lights. . now iv to try a figure out am I getting full performance from the cdi with now switch. ..uo ohh :mad:

it is a map switch. .uv a wet or dry setting... minor changes in performance but still something I want write. .I guess ill be wiring the old switch back in :rolleyes: makes sense now why the kill switch wouldn't work.lol..I think ill wire in the new kill switch anyway because the other one is in such an awkward spot..Under the plastics on one of the rad hoses. .pics to follow later