Kid's think Stupid is Smart

I like the fix on the age. I raised my sister-in-law (WG you met her) and she was stupid. When she got out of school, I told her she could stay in my house for free so she could finish nursing school. the only thing was that she needed to be in the house by 11pm during the week because the kids had school and we work and I did not care on the weekends, but would like a call if she was not going to make it home. So what do you think she did.......moved out:shocked:

HARD ASS..............giving rules and stuff! :thinking: I may start a thread and label it "For those that need to vent..........or have good stories to share!" :lol:

I like the fix on the age. I raised my sister-in-law (WG you met her) and she was stupid. When she got out of school, I told her she could stay in my house for free so she could finish nursing school. the only thing was that she needed to be in the house by 11pm during the week because the kids had school and we work and I did not care on the weekends, but would like a call if she was not going to make it home. So what do you think she did.......moved out:shocked:

Boy this sounds all to familiar except with my 18 now 20 year old daughter.:prof:

James

Staff member
Ok finally saw this, geesh talk about hijacking. :bonk: :smirk:

I moved them because I also wanted to provide some input, with me being so young and all. :P

I'll be honest and say that I was probably the same at that age, no, I know I was. But around 20 I started to realize how much my parents really did for me. I have just one bro (no sisters) and I know that we weren't the easiest to raise either. :smirk: I'm sure that most "kids" will at some time in their life "grow up" or come to appreciate what you've done for them. Look at yourselves, when did you come around? For me it's starting in my REALLY:P early 20's, but I'm sure that when I have kids it'll hit me again.

My parents sure didn't "coddle" me after I turned 16, "Time to grow up son, it's not all sunshine and lollipops out there" :shocked: They provided the roof, food, and bed, the rest I had to get myself. I bought my first car for $900 :banana:and if I wanted an IPod or anything else I had to buy it.:thumb: To this day I'm still glad that's how it was done. I got taught some life lessons at a lot younger age then most people.:ride:

BTW what were we talking about? :rant::smirk:

Ok finally saw this, geesh talk about hijacking. :bonk: :smirk:

I moved them because I also wanted to provide some input, with me being so young and all. :P

I'll be honest and say that I was probably the same at that age, no, I know I was. But around 20 I started to realize how much my parents really did for me. I have just one bro (no sisters) and I know that we weren't the easiest to raise either. :smirk: I'm sure that most "kids" will at some time in their life "grow up" or come to appreciate what you've done for them. Look at yourselves, when did you come around? For me it's starting in my REALLY:P early 20's, but I'm sure that when I have kids it'll hit me again.

My parents sure didn't "coddle" me after I turned 16, "Time to grow up son, it's not all sunshine and lollipops out there" :shocked: They provided the roof, food, and bed, the rest I had to get myself. I bought my first car for $900 :banana:and if I wanted an IPod or anything else I had to buy it.:thumb: To this day I'm still glad that's how it was done. I got taught some life lessons at a lot younger age then most people.:ride:

BTW what were we talking about? :rant::smirk:

If I wanted a Gramaphone I had to buy it too.......:smirk:

Growing up poor will make a kid learn to hustle thats for sure.

we use to set up some linoleum and one of the apartment kids had a boombox and we would breakdance for coins.

kids these days cant do this but we would ask people for a quarter to call our parents and save up for a soda or something. We also did the door to door can i wash your car for 5 bucks thing as well.

:smirk:
"Time to grow up son, it's not all sunshine and lollipops out there" :shocked: They provided the roof, food, and bed, the rest I had to get myself. I bought my first car for $900 :banana:and if I wanted an IPod or anything else I had to buy it.:thumb: To this day I'm still glad that's how it was done. I got taught some life lessons at a lot younger age then most people.:ride

I-pod? Geez you spoiled brat! All I ever had as a kid was some am/fm radio with one 5 watt speaker. You kids now a days... :smirk:

Growing up poor will make a kid learn to hustle thats for sure. .

True dat... We weren't poor per se. My Dad was a TI (Training Instructor) in the Air Force. Discipline wasn't an option... You walked a straight and narrow path and stayed on it.

He firmly believed if you wanted something bad enough you would find a way. Everything was earned.

I asked him for money to build my first skateboard ramp. He said (I'll never forget) "Son if I did it for you or gave you the money, you wouldn't appreciate it, you will figure out how to make it happen." So, I found a way. Here I am on my first skateboard ramp. I shit you not. My friend provided the "transition." Just a po white boy looking for some fun. :smirk:

SCAN0033.jpg

I-pod? Geez you spoiled brat! All I ever had as a kid was some am/fm radio with one 5 watt speaker. You kids now a days... :smirk:

True dat... We weren't poor per se. My Dad was a TI (Training Instructor) in the Air Force. Discipline wasn't an option... You walked a straight and narrow path and stayed on it.

He firmly believed if you wanted something bad enough you would find a way. Everything was earned.

I asked him for money to build my first skateboard ramp. He said (I'll never forget) "Son if I did it for you or gave you the money, you would appreciate it, you will figure out how to make it happen." So, I found a way. Here I am on my first skateboard ramp. I shit you not. My friend provided the "transition." Just a po white boy looking for some fun. :smirk:

SCAN0033.jpg

:thumb: poor kid.....how much did you offer (and not pay) him to do that?

This is sweet :thumb: thanks Jaime...I make one mention of not having the whole family together on rides anymore and now we have a 3+ page thread on how our youth today think "Stupid is Smart" Like the thread title as well. Roost to you!

I asked him for money to build my first skateboard ramp. He said (I'll never forget) "Son if I did it for you or gave you the money, you would appreciate it, you will figure out how to make it happen." So, I found a way. Here I am on my first skateboard ramp. I shit you not. My friend provided the "transition." Just a po white boy looking for some fun. :smirk:

SCAN0033.jpg
That is the best skate ramp ever. How many runs do you get before your "friend" takes a break and is allowed to breath again? :smirk:

I asked him for money to build my first skateboard ramp. He said (I'll never forget) "Son if I did it for you or gave you the money, you wouldn't appreciate it, you will figure out how to make it happen." So, I found a way. Here I am on my first skateboard ramp. I shit you not. My friend provided the "transition." Just a po white boy looking for some fun. :smirk:

SCAN0033.jpg

did you make a mexican kid your ramp ? :lol: that pic is so :thumb:

James

Staff member
This is sweet :thumb: thanks Jaime...I make one mention of not having the whole family together on rides anymore and now we have a 3+ page thread on how our youth today think "Stupid is Smart" Like the thread title as well. Roost to you!
:lol: Ok, not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.

I believe it was you that suggested that thread title.:thumb:

that pic is so :thumb:

:noidea: Old?