Kick starter super sloppy

Been having to push to start the dirt bike today kick to start lever is moving as well with the shaft but it only gets resistance with about 30% left, push to start fine every time so I know it's not anything with the engine any suggestions? Baja 125DR ( no hate plz )

Any way to remove this clutch cable without having to disassemble it from the handlebars as well? I've tried to use some needle nose pliers but there's no slack to budge it at all, pics included.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430068056.254906.jpg

SRAD97750

Staff member
Loosen the nut on the right of that stand-off.
Once the cable is loose, the Yellow portion of the ball end will slip out of the slot in the side of that clutch arm.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Did it work at anytime since you've had it, or did you buy it broke? It looks like there could be a bushing there to hold it, if it just went out on you, then yes, looks like a toasted bearing.

oh yeah its worked fine for the first two weeks, then it slowly but surely got harder and took 15 plus kicks to get something out of it, still push to starts like a champ. But it still randomly will go on first kick or second out of nowhere at times.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Damn, that really sucks.
The kick start mechanism is inside the cases!!! :shocked: You'll have to pull the motor and split the cases. I would look up on youtube someone splitting the cases on this particular bike first.
And the bearing is totally gone, as described by the shaft sitting on the aluminum case. Notice the black sludge at the bottom of the case indicating something died and was chewed up. (Ex: ball bearings)
-BIG DAN:thumb: