Kick starter chat.

I just upgraded the batt in the modded TTR with a Shorai. Even though the TTR has a kickstarter, the Shorai was cheaper then the replacement at the time. The dealer had then on sale. I should have bought one for #5 as the stocker makes me nervous. I will be upgrading it before the summer is over so I am fresh for the riding season in the dez.

I'm glad I have a kick starter on my bike. Used it twice. Once when my stock cheap battery died at LPNF ride with weather geek, and once on New Years weekend ride when it was 20 degrees outside and snowing and my lithium ion Shorai did not like that initial cold start. When it comes to kick starters I would rather have it and not need it then need and not have it. Throw one on there Rez!

I'm glad I have a kick starter on my bike. Used it twice. Once when my stock cheap battery died at LPNF ride with weather geek, and once on New Years weekend ride when it was 20 degrees outside and snowing and my lithium ion Shorai did not like that initial cold start. When it comes to kick starters I would rather have it and not need it then need and not have it. Throw one on there Rez!

Shorai LFX are much better in cold-weather conditions than other-brand lithium starter batteries, due to our eXtreme-rate formulation with low resistance. Down to about 20 degrees fahrenheit (-7C) most users find that they can start normally on first crank. If your headlight comes on at key-ON, it is good for the batteries to flow some current before cranking in cold weather. The suggested headlight-on time before cranking depends on the temperature. If starting at 40f (5C), 30 seconds will help wake the battery and increase cranking performance. If at 0f (-17C), leave the lights on for 4~5 minutes before cranking. The result will be a better first crank, and longer battery life. Any other accessories that can be turned on before cranking can also be used for this purpose, such as heated gear, radio, etc...

Shorai LFX are much better in cold-weather conditions than other-brand lithium starter batteries, due to our eXtreme-rate formulation with low resistance. Down to about 20 degrees fahrenheit (-7C) most users find that they can start normally on first crank. If your headlight comes on at key-ON, it is good for the batteries to flow some current before cranking in cold weather. The suggested headlight-on time before cranking depends on the temperature. If starting at 40f (5C), 30 seconds will help wake the battery and increase cranking performance. If at 0f (-17C), leave the lights on for 4~5 minutes before cranking. The result will be a better first crank, and longer battery life. Any other accessories that can be turned on before cranking can also be used for this purpose, such as heated gear, radio, etc...

I actually left the head light on for a few minutes prior but I'm guessing the wind chill made things colder. I just gave it a few ore kicks to warm things up and then the e button worked like magic. From there on the bike started first crank the entire trip. :ride:

I actually left the head light on for a few minutes prior but I'm guessing the wind chill made things colder. I just gave it a few ore kicks to warm things up and then the e button worked like magic. From there on the bike started first crank the entire trip. :ride:

:thumb:
#5 does not have a kick starter and no option to add it. So if it gets that cold, #5 will spend the night in the garage in the trailer out in the desert..:smirk:

:thumb:
#5 does not have a kick starter and no option to add it. So if it gets that cold, #5 will spend the night in the garage in the trailer out in the desert..:smirk:

It rarely gets that cold but we were in Gorman and with the high altitudes and winds it made for a cold trip. But I doubt you'll ever need a kick start with the Shorai. Push come to shove you could just bump start it in the cold and let it idle.

It rarely gets that cold but we were in Gorman and with the high altitudes and winds it made for a cold trip. But I doubt you'll ever need a kick start with the Shorai. Push come to shove you could just bump start it in the cold and let it idle.

Ya, I can just get Rack's kids to push me....:smirk: