Kick starter chat.

i dont like that one bit.. dont get me wrong i love my magic button but i dont feel comfy unless i know i can kick if needed.

I hear ya... down hills are my friend... only had one issue so far and that was up at Geeks when my batt died (left key/light on)... :bonk: so I turned the bike around and bump started it.. was going back down anyways so it worked out. :smirk:

Who needs it when you have that extra HP installed..:smirk:
At least you have a kickstarter boss to add one. Take a look at my #5 motor. The cases in the back is the 2013 450 SXF and the cases in the front is what #5 has....see anything missing?
ktm_450_sx-f_intro_10.jpg
i dont like that one bit.. dont get me wrong i love my magic button but i dont feel comfy unless i know i can kick if needed.
I think KTM is merging that direction. All their SX bikes do not have kickstarters and it is a matter of time with the EXC or enduro bikes. There was already talk of it for 2014, but I think they are still shipping with them installed.
REZ posted a pic :wow:
:wow: I am with you there.

Who needs it when you have that extra HP installed..:smirk:
At least you have a kickstarter boss to add one. Take a look at my #5 motor. The cases in the back is the 2013 450 SXF and the cases in the front is what #5 has....see anything missing?
View attachment 15676
I think KTM is merging that direction. All their SX bikes do not have kickstarters and it is a matter of time with the EXC or enduro bikes. There was already talk of it for 2014, but I think they are still shipping with them installed.
:wow: I am with you there.
that 300 i rode did not come with one but i belive it has a option to add one.

i hagve to say tho... with that bike at least... i couldnt let off the button fast enough and it was running. not like on my bike which even brand spanking new did a brrr brr brrraaappp type thing.

i hagve to say tho... with that bike at least... i couldnt let off the button fast enough and it was running. not like on my bike which even brand spanking new did a brrr brr brrraaappp type thing.
CDA Jr's '11 350 did not have a kickstarter, but we added one for him. $500 parts/labor. I heard that the kits are not available anymore and you would have to order all the part separate to add. But it does not matter on my bike as the boss on the cases is completely gone.

Mine cold it cranks a little but once it's warmed up it's I can wave my thumb over the button and she fires up.... :smirk:

I have thought about making some mini jumper cables to carry just in case for mine.I have heard of some riders carrying a small battery on remote rides too.if i rode alone i would prolly consider that route.

The "jumpers" that come with a Batt Tender are pretty small, could possibly be modified into a pair of jumpers and could easily tuck them away in your pack. :noidea: