All Kennedy Meadows Trip?

Early Sept :thumb: Not sure what weekend but I am planing on it. Got Mammoth next weekend for 5 days:banana::banana::banana:
I will be stopping in Mammoth 8/7-9? on my way to Idaho, probably just missing you! Thinking last wkend in Aug or shortly after for KM....drop a note when you know.

Payloan... we just got back from Mammoth a few weeks ago. Camped next to a guy who does a lot of riding with the UTMA, and leads groups for the Motomochila. He seemed to know the Mammoth Lakes area very well (in so far as riding) and mapped out some all-dayer loops, some single-track areas and areas up in the elevations around Lee Vining. I just emailed him about some Baja Info. I'll ask him about any riding to any of the hot springs up there, I'd like to know too and I'll post up when I find out (hopefully before you leave). Our group attempted a ride to Laurel Lake, but the higher elevations were still impassible with snow (as of July 4th), probably do-able now. The Ranger Station as you come into the Main Street in Mammoth has maps delineating trails from Bishop to Bodie, I'm sure they'd help you with hot spring info. Also... FYI, in town is the Water District (right off Main/203 on the left, before Mc D's).... water and dump station RV friendly and free to the public.

331-1.jpg

mammothllakee-1.jpg

mammothllake-1.jpg

mammothllakeb-1.jpg

mammothllakec-1.jpg

Yall are killin me today with all these awsome RR with TREEs and cool weather I'm going to have to spend a lot more time in Cali this year!:prof:

Payloan... we just got back from Mammoth a few weeks ago. Camped next to a guy who does a lot of riding with the UTMA, and leads groups for the Motomochila. He seemed to know the Mammoth Lakes area very well (in so far as riding) and mapped out some all-dayer loops, some single-track areas and areas up in the elevations around Lee Vining. I just emailed him about some Baja Info. I'll ask him about any riding to any of the hot springs up there, I'd like to know too and I'll post up when I find out (hopefully before you leave). Our group attempted a ride to Laurel Lake, but the higher elevations were still impassible with snow (as of July 4th), probably do-able now. The Ranger Station as you come into the Main Street in Mammoth has maps delineating trails from Bishop to Bodie, I'm sure they'd help you with hot spring info. Also... FYI, in town is the Water District (right off Main/203 on the left, before Mc D's).... water and dump station RV friendly and free to the public.

Thanks very much for all the info. I will hit the ranger station on my way up.
That water and dump station might come in handy.:thumb:

I dont think my youngest is ready for the ride to the lakes yet.
4 more days to go :banana:I cant wait

KM is most likely done for this year. There is a fire burning a little north of Kernville and it is up on the plateau. It's not looking good. I was there this last weekend and came home yesterday afternoon. The smoke blew in right when we left and it was bad.

:cry::cry::cry: I sure hope the fire can be stopped before it get to the trails, but I'm not optimistic.

Better plan on Mammoth or some other further north Sierra locations.

Seems like all of California has burned over the last few years.

KM is most likely done for this year. There is a fire burning a little north of Kernville and it is up on the plateau. It's not looking good. I was there this last weekend and came home yesterday afternoon. The smoke blew in right when we left and it was bad.

:cry::cry::cry: I sure hope the fire can be stopped before it get to the trails, but I'm not optimistic.

Better plan on Mammoth or some other further north Sierra locations.

Seems like all of California has burned over the last few years.

i seen them mention this on the news... my house burned in the socal 03 fires so it always gets to me when i see a wildfire somewhere.

hope no DBA'ers get in the way and lets pray the trails dont get touched... i know here there was a few riding areas that got shut down for good after the fires :(

WOW!!! :shocked:And the big trip starts today at KM that I was going to go on! I was all pouty because I couldnt go. Damn...that really sucks! Im headed to Morro Bay to meet a girl friend and camp instead with the SuperMoto, if it is foggy there were moving to lake San Antonio to float, swim (bum a ski ride) and camp for a day or two. See you guys in a few days:wave: I hate fire! I hope it is out soon!! Shoot! I just heard it is 25% contained. Bummer!

WOW!!! :shocked:And the big trip starts today at KM that I was going to go on! I was all pouty because I couldnt go. Damn...that really sucks! Im headed to Morro Bay to meet a girl friend and camp instead with the SuperMoto, if it is foggy there were moving to lake San Antonio to float, swim (bum a ski ride) and camp for a day or two. See you guys in a few days:wave: I hate fire! I hope it is out soon!! Shoot! I just heard it is 25% contained. Bummer!

Its always Foggy there. Have fun at the lake..:thumb: