Kennedy Meadows Is Awesome

i really dont know the area. this was a couple years ago when i was a lot more noob then i am now but nothing felt "kiddie" about it to me :lol:

Did you go on the kiddie ride trail?:lol:

Seriously though, if you had to pick the easiest trail up there what would it be? The one in the meadow?

Step one. Don't camp in the campgrounds. If you camp at Smith Meadow you can ride out the Monache Jeep trail. If you camp at Bonita Meadow, the Schaffer Meadow trail and parts of Trout creek are relatively beginner friendly. You can expand that with a ride to Sherman peak, but that route has a few intermediate obstacles.

From the limited riding I have done up there, the Monache and Beck jeep trails are the easiest. followed by the Campground connector. four years ago, I rode that connector trail a dozen times back and forth solo. I arrived fish creek in the afternoon ready to ride back then, and my friends and relatives were in party at the campground mode.. lolol

took me 4 years to get back to KM. and this time, we rode!!

Im pretty sure I saw a sign that said Monarch and not sure which meadow trails we did but we passed some meadows. I know he started me with some of the easiest trails. We did what felt like a lot of trails. About 50-60 miles worth. Perhaps that is not a lot but for my first ride up there it was the perfect amount.

That looked like a lot of fun. I would really like to try KM. It looks like it may be out of my league, but I'm always up for a challenge.