Kennedy Meadows Is Awesome

Two weeks in a row, I headed up to Kennedy Meadows. Went for a day trip on August 25th to ride with the guys and a 3 dayer with the family Sep 1-3, snuck out with the guys for a ride on the 2nd. . Both trips were awesome.

8/25 we did the northern route: campground connector, jackass, albanita, granite broder, granite broder cuttoff, monarche, beck mountain, monarche cabin road, monarche, granite broder cuttoff, granite broder, albinita, beach
http://www.flickr.com/photos/msgtretired/sets/72157631256572718

and

9/2 we did the southern one: Mahogomy, rattlesnake, beach, Bonita, trout, canal, Sherman pass and returned the same way.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/msgtretired/sets/72157631394701028

Here are some videos of the fun
Last section before the lookout:

Beach trail Rock Fun:

Troy Overflow:

here are some clips of 8/25. don't have 9/2 finished yet

Those that have been to Kennedy meadows knows how awesome it is. those that have not, you are missing out

You should have seen it twenty years ago. The trails had nearly no whoops and while still rocky, they were not so worked like today.

Next time keep going after getting to Sherman pass and do Siretta. Some really nice beautiful trails with obstacles not really worse than that rocky section leading up to Sherman Pass.

Another destination would be to go to Sherman Peak.

Awesome place to ride/camp/decompress. We usually go every year but didn't get to this year. Glad someone here got to go

You can still go. It's rideable until the first good snow. Most years that means the end of November. It does get mighty cold up there though.

I really need to go to KM with leonard. i went once, never been there and no sparkys with no one else that has been there. So we didnt explore a lot. apparently i barely scratched the surface.

Beach trail Rock Fun:
[/quote]

I now can say I have been to KM and I loved it!:thumb: Well actually it was love AND hate in some sections:D One minute Im swearing in my helmet and the next Im saying ahhhh I love this!

It was nice running into you up there and meeting your family. Hopefully next time we can ride together.

This clip (Beach Trail) is pretty funny, errr because nobody was hurt I take it?:smirk: I always feel guilty liking to watch crash videos. But we all know it is more like infatuation with the situation:lol: Ya, that's it! And for me it makes me feel better about falling off Jackass Trail in the worst possible place. Im pretty sure we did Beach Trail but I dont remember this section on your video. Perhaps we were going the other way. Perhaps I dont remember because I just kept my eyes glued the entire time to the rocky trail floor. It was all a rocky blur with a few nice stops to look around and take it all in. Oh, and a visit to a meadow and a blast through a river/creek that left me drenched! It felt good at the time but sloshing on the trail later was annoying.

Good vids Sarge:thumb:

Thanks Sun. It was nice seeing you and paul up there as well. This was a different part of Beach than what you did. You were north of the campgrounds towards Monache Meadows, and this video is south/west of the campgrounds.

Thanks Sun. It was nice seeing you and paul up there as well. This was a different part of Beach than what you did. You were north of the campgrounds towards Monache Meadows, and this video is south/west of the campgrounds.

In other words I was in kiddie land? :lol: