Other KDX200 front end change

Okay, so my oldest wants to remove the headlight assembly(doesn't work anyway) on his (cough, cough) my 05 KDX200. He wanst to put some much needed bars on it and wants to put a new KX number plate on it. I am figuring I will need to change the tripple trees, and clamps to accomidate new fat bars and number plate. What else? Will the KDX forks fit the trees from a KX?

Okay, so my oldest wants to remove the headlight assembly(doesn't work anyway) on his (cough, cough) my 05 KDX200. He wanst to put some much needed bars on it and wants to put a new KX number plate on it. I am figuring I will need to change the tripple trees, and clamps to accomidate new fat bars and number plate. What else? Will the KDX forks fit the trees from a KX?

:popcorn:

I'll leave this to the mechanics :prof:

KDX forks aren't going to fit kx triples, fork diameters are way different. Easiest way for just a front number plate would be to work with the existing mounts, maybe remove the trip meter and build a bracket to mount the number plate too?

If I told my dad that I wanted a number plate instead of light he'd laugh at me and tell me good luck. :smirk:

You're way too nice of a dad, Jax. :lol:
It'll be a Christmas pres. not buying it out of the goodness of my heart. Plus the bike is technially mine so any upgrades it gets is a bonus for me. I won't put some junk on my own bike :smirk: