450F Kawasaki Unveils 2014 KX250F and KX450F

I wouldn't classify the same thing repeating as bad luck, I'd call it a manufacturing defect.
After my crf I will not buy another bike that has a reputation as being un-reliable. Which strikes out just about every modern 4t. I'll just have to learn how to ride a 2t..... probably an orange or white/red one.

Ahh but reputations are built on more than just one persons feelings... Like CDA said (in part) he hd bad luck... unless ti WAS in fact a factory design failure there's be more complaints and recalls, etc... :prof:

James

Staff member
I wouldn't classify the same thing repeating as bad luck, I'd call it a manufacturing defect.
You can if it's a user error/maintenance issue, however not saying that that's what happened here. Remember all the issues Kyle had with his yz125? I think he ended up rebuilding it 3 times in the time it only should've needed one. It ended up being a jetting issue aka user error, not a manufacturing defect. :noidea:

Looks like same bike as the last year and the year before and the year before and the year before and....

Sorry this isn't a thread about the yz125 being the same bike since what 2000? :lol:

There are improvements every year, some bigger than others. For example the addition of DFI in the 2011 model and the dual fuel injection for 2012. Same with the upgrades to the suspension (SFF).

I'd say that one of the most impressive improvements that bikes have had over the years is horsepower/torque (for being the same cc) and suspension. According to MXA's dyno tests on the kx250f:
2008 kx250f - 35 horsepower
2009 kx250f - 35.45 horsepower
2010 kx250f - 36.48 horsepower
2011 kx250f - 37.30 horsepower (DFI was added)
2012 kx250f - 39.55 horsepower (Dual fuel injection added)
2013 kx250f - 41.16 horsepower

With that said, yes most bikes don't have massive changes every year, if it's not broken why change it?

You can if it's a user error/maintenance issue, however not saying that that's what happened here. Remember all the issues Kyle had with his yz125? I think he ended up rebuilding it 3 times in the time it only should've needed one. It ended up being a jetting issue aka user error, not a manufacturing defect. :noidea:

Sorry this isn't a thread about the yz125 being the same bike since what 2000? :lol:

There are improvements every year, some bigger than others. For example the addition of DFI in the 2011 model and the dual fuel injection for 2012. Same with the upgrades to the suspension (SFF).

I'd say that one of the most impressive improvements that bikes have had over the years is horsepower/torque (for being the same cc) and suspension. According to MXA's dyno tests on the kx250f:
2008 kx250f - 35 horsepower
2009 kx250f - 35.45 horsepower
2010 kx250f - 36.48 horsepower
2011 kx250f - 37.30 horsepower (DFI was added)
2012 kx250f - 39.55 horsepower (Dual fuel injection added)
2013 kx250f - 41.16 horsepower

With that said, yes most bikes don't have massive changes every year, if it's not broken why change it?

Ahh but reputations are built on more than just one persons feelings... Like CDA said (in part) he hd bad luck... unless ti WAS in fact a factory design failure there's be more complaints and recalls, etc... :prof:
:noidea:
https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/content/threads/blown-2011-kx250f.3220/http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/kx250f-2011-after-30-hour,1220858?page=1
http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/971480-2011-kx250f-crankshaft-failure-at-20-hours/

James

Staff member

Those are 2011's, everyone knows they had crank issues (I'd never buy a 2011 kx250f). Do you see the same number of threads relating to 2012 crank issues?

BTW do we know that he bled his forks on a regular basis? A buddy always had issues with his forks leaking (on a kx250f) until I asked if he bleeds his forks. He'd never bled them before and since doing it before/after every ride he hasn't had issues since. Plus his suspension feels much better. :lol::bonk:

Those are 2011's, everyone knows they had crank issues (I'd never buy a 2011 kx250f). Do you see the same number of threads relating to 2012 crank issues?

BTW do we know that he bled his forks on a regular basis? A buddy always had issues with his forks leaking (on a kx250f) until I asked if he bleeds his forks. He'd never bled them before and since doing it before/after every ride he hasn't had issues since. Plus his suspension feels much better. :lol::bonk:
I rarely ever bleed mine, never had an issue. Maybe they need to go back to 2001 and use KYB :smirk:

Oh and I said it LOOKS like the year before that :prof: They should change the looks just for the hell of it.