450F Kawasaki Unveils 2014 KX250F and KX450F

For 2014, Kawasaki made minor renovations to its already proven KX250F and KX450F motocrossers. Of the two, the KX250F received most of the changes.
The big news is the addition of Launch Control Mode to the new KX250F. The 450 has had LCM for a couple of years now, but the 250 gets it for the first time. When activated by a switch on the handlebar, LCM alters mapping, toning down the hit of the power a bit through first and second gears, letting the rider not worry so much about precise throttle control – just open it up and go! Click into third gear and mapping automatically returns to normal.
Changes to the transmission should make shifting easier and smoother under a load, which should also help out on the starts.
A new forward engine mount has been redesigned for rigidity purposes. The end result, Kawasaki says, is improved front-end feel and controllability.
The 250 also takes on revised suspension settings up front for a plusher feel, mainly while under hard braking.

The 2014 Kawasaki KX450F is pretty much the same bike as before. It retains its “air fork” but gets new graphics and softer (and shorter) handlebar grips.
Prices have not yet been announced.

:drool:

CDA if you get one of those to show up at my door I might actually go ride. :smirk::stirthepot:

No problem, send me your credit card info and I will take care of the deal and make sure it is delivered to your door step. :smirk:

Would you like me to break it in for you first to work out all the kinks? :devil:

James

Staff member
No problem, send me your credit card info and I will take care of the deal and make sure it is delivered to your door step. :smirk:

Would you like me to break it in for you first to work out all the kinks? :devil:

Or you could go get it, set it up, take it on a few rides to work out the kinks, and then ship it to me....:devil:

No problem, Look for it to show up when I'm done....:devil:

Are Novice Riders not aloud to be Rich?

where did I say that?
the only reason I even mentioned rich is because in the year that he's owned it, its proven to be very very expensive. I'm surprised his family hasn't called it quits with the cost of repairs for a brand new bike.

where did I say that?
the only reason I even mentioned rich is because in the year that he's owned it, its proven to be very very expensive. I'm surprised his family hasn't called it quits with the cost of repairs for a brand new bike.

Rack is a rich 2nd gear pro, 3rd gear novice. :devil:

where did I say that?
You just classified him as rich and a novice, but you just mentioned that his parents are spending the money, so he is not rich as its not his cash. So he is just a rider that has had bad luck with his bike.

You just classified him as rich and a novice, but you just mentioned that his parents are spending the money, so he is not rich as its not his cash. So he is just a rider that has had bad luck with his bike.

I wouldn't classify the same thing repeating as bad luck, I'd call it a manufacturing defect.
After my crf I will not buy another bike that has a reputation as being un-reliable. Which strikes out just about every modern 4t. I'll just have to learn how to ride a 2t..... probably an orange or white/red one.