Joined the Van Clan

That's what I heard, but the van in question is an 04 right in the sweet spot, the problem wasn't length of the plugs but like 3 threads in head or plug, needs to be torqued to 14 ft lbs. no more, no less. I've never had a plug I put in blow.

I have done dozens of heli coil repairs on those things, couldn't tell how many for sure, but most of them may have been the 5.4
I did a lot of them on E450's, like I said when they first started with the V10, the issue kinda ceased so I figured they had it fixed.

I only did a couple of 5.4's, mainly because when people bring a vehicle to me I play ignorant. I don't want the BS of a customer bringing me something they haven't maintained since day 1 and asking me why its going to cost so much and take so long to make something usable.

That's what I heard, but the van in question is an 04 right in the sweet spot
I would hope that most of them have been repaired, it usually didn't take long for them to become a 10 round solid shot launcher.

If it were me I'd check it out, if it hasn't been "fixed" yet get yourself a timesert kit, Stronger than a helicoil in my experience. Anti-seize them going back in.

When you pull them out be very cautious, if it doesn't want to turn at first don't force it, you stand a chance of pulling the threads out with the plug, instead use heat and a penetrating oil (PB Blaster is my personal favorite) and proceed.

I did a lot of them on E450's, like I said when they first started with the V10, the issue kinda ceased so I figured they had it fixed.

I only did a couple of 5.4's, mainly because when people bring a vehicle to me I play ignorant. I don't want the BS of a customer bringing me something they haven't maintained since day 1 and asking me why its going to cost so much and take so long to make something usable.
Tell them the three B's "I didn't build it, I didn't buy it and it didn't break it"

I would hope that most of them have been repaired, it usually didn't take long for them to become a 10 round solid shot launcher.

If it were me I'd check it out, if it hasn't been "fixed" yet get yourself a timesert kit, Stronger than a helicoil in my experience.
Got both