South Johnson Valley: Sep 14-16 2012

UPDATE FROM BOLT:

Fellas my main generator for my house went down last night. (We live off-grid) Using RV gennies to power house. This is delaying my arrival to JV. Yolanda and the dogs will not be coming for the weekend. Although she will come up Saturday for a few hours leaving puppies at home.

I will be there for Saturday ride. But I may roll in Sat AM rather than Friday night. I'll post here just before heading out either way.

See you soon. Jeff aka BOLT

UPDATE FROM BOLT:

Fellas my main generator for my house went down last night. (We live off-grid) Using RV gennies to power house. This is delaying my arrival to JV. Yolanda and the dogs will not be coming for the weekend. Although she will come up Saturday for a few hours leaving puppies at home.

I will be there for Saturday ride. But I may roll in Sat AM rather than Friday night. I'll post here just before heading out either way.

Do you have solar panels up there as well?

Do you have solar panels up there as well?

Yes.. but not nearly enough. And my 1500 Watt solar upgrade is still in the shed ! :foul:

But I digress... came in to check messages... gotta go back out and GET ME SOME WORKING POWER. And I just smeared oil all over the keyboard !

UPDATE FROM BOLT:

FINAL UPDATE FROM BOLT:

Lost compression on one cylinder. Tear down required. Not an afternoon fix for me. Need RV gennies to power the house over night.

I'll be there Saturday about 7AM for our main ride. Look for my VAN.
hitchcrafters_bikerack_640.gif

Will make Yolanda's plans from camp once I know what other wives are there. She is only 30 minutes away. And I'll have what I need to camp over for Sunday fun !

dunerat;19598772:
friggin hot in LA today....slight breeze now and 82:huh

It's 69F here right now... High today was 91F. I keep telling folks it's not too hot to ride but they don't listen. It's hot in LA or OC so it MUST be hotter in the desert. People just don't understand the high desert isn't like Ocotilllo. We are sitting at 3000 feet.

Oh well... riding tomorrow is gonna be great. :D

It's 69F here right now... High today was 91F. I keep telling folks it's not too hot to ride but they don't listen. It's hot in LA or OC so it MUST be hotter in the desert. People just don't understand the high desert isn't like Ocotilllo. We are sitting at 3000 feet.

Oh well... riding tomorrow is gonna be great. :D
Especially this time of year with the coming of the Santa Anas

Riding today could have been great if I could have pulled it off...Sorry Rez, when nature calls I really didn't want to answer it.

Well I am not a grand pappy yet, but she is still trying. At least I got to come home and get 5 hours of sleep.

Riding today could have been great if I could have pulled it off...Sorry Rez, when nature calls I really didn't want to answer it.

Well I am not a grand pappy yet, but she is still trying. At least I got to come home and get 5 hours of sleep.

Congrats GrandPappyPalmer... No need to apologize, been there before and am gonna be there again in Feb... with my first grandson.

We were only camped about 20 miles from the ROVERS D37 Race. They were staged at Cougar Buttes. .. but we turned it into 42 miles of fun getting there... AND NEVER SAW ANOTHER PERSON till we got to their camp. You know we were having some fun !

Sunday we explored the south end some more and found stuff I didn't even know existed in this part of the desert. Also Stumbled onto the Hammers. Rode a small portion of the Sledge. Got smart and found some more fun stuff less damaging to side covers.

Those that stayed home cause they thought it was hot... well IT WAS AT YOUR HOUSE ! We had the good weather with us this weekend. Great time for the Rovers Race... and sport riding.

We were only camped about 20 miles from the ROVERS D37 Race. They were staged at Cougar Buttes. .. but we turned it into 42 miles of fun getting there... AND NEVER SAW ANOTHER PERSON till we got to their camp. You know we were having some fun !

Sunday we explored the south end some more and found stuff I didn't even know existed in this part of the desert. Also Stumbled onto the Hammers. Rode a small portion of the Sledge. Got smart and found some more fun stuff less damaging to side covers.

Those that stayed home cause they thought it was hot... well IT WAS AT YOUR HOUSE ! We had the good weather with us this weekend. Great time for the Rovers Race... and sport riding.

:cool:... :clap: