JB Weld

1994 Husqvarna wxc 610 smart ass...I'm no mechanic, I've never had to work on my bikes since they've al been in good shape except for the TT500 that I just wore out :ride:. As for the head meetign the case...then if the head doesn't meet the case it's whaat ever is between the head and case. .I doubt I need new rings, it isn't blowing smoke/oil out the exhaust as a usual worn ring suspect would. As for replacing the rings "at the very least"...I'm not going to spend more money on it that I paid for it...

:P...:moon:
Smart ass??? I was just trying to help you buddy. Figure it out yourself.

And yes, worn rings will cause "smoke to come from the bottom-end" due to blow-by. But since you don't need any help...:gibbs:

Smart ass??? I was just trying to help you buddy. Figure it out yourself.

And yes, worn rings will cause "smoke to come from the bottom-end" due to blow-by. But since you don't need any help...:gibbs:

Not once did I say I didn't need any help...I was only commenting on your "question/comment"...To ME, it sounded like a smart ass question! Did you follow up with a helpful comment by saying REZ, the heads attached to ??? not the case! I did however receive other helpful hints...but thanks for playing! :P...:smirk:

Not once did I say I didn't need any help...I was only commenting on your "question/comment"...To ME, it sounded like a smart ass question! Did you follow up with a helpful comment by saying REZ, the heads attached to cylinder or jug not the case! I did however receive other helpful hints...but thanks for playing! :P...:smirk:

Just in case you didn't know. :noidea:

Just in case you didn't know. :noidea:

I didn't, all this time I thought it was all "head"...:devil:...thank you kind sir! Actualy I thought the cylinder/head were one in the same! Learn something every day! :thumb:...and I'm not afraid to tell anyone my weaknesses...:P

I didn't, all this time I thought it was all "head"...:devil:...thank you kind sir! Actualy I thought the cylinder/head were one in the same! Learn something every day! :thumb:...and I'm not afraid to tell anyone my weaknesses...:P

Yes, cylinder is the correct name, but all the "too cool" people, say jug.:devil:

Not once did I say I didn't need any help...I was only commenting on your "question/comment"...To ME, it sounded like a smart ass question! Did you follow up with a helpful comment by saying REZ, the heads attached to ??? not the case! I did however receive other helpful hints...but thanks for playing! :P...:smirk:
OK first, it was a serious question. there are bikes that have the crankcase and cylinder cast as one piece, therefore the head does bolt to the "cases". Although admittedly I've not seen any single-cylinder dirt bikes made this way, but then again I've not seen every dirt bike made in the world either, especially some of the Euro bikes.

My "question" comment was also serious. If there is smoke blowing out of the engine's bottom-end (it doesn't matter if it's through the crankcase vent or a crack) then the engine is experiencing blow-by. I didn't comment on the JB Weld issue because everybody already had that question covered.

I wasn't trying to be a smartass, and I'm sorry if I raised an issue you would rather not think about. In the future I'll remember that you're a bit thin-skinned, and answer accordingly.

OK first, it was a serious question. there are bikes that have the crankcase and cylinder cast as one piece, therefore the head does bolt to the "cases". Although admittedly I've not seen any single-cylinder dirt bikes made this way, but then again I've not seen every dirt bike made in the world either, especially some of the Euro bikes.

My "question" comment was also serious. If there is smoke blowing out of the engine's bottom-end (it doesn't matter if it's through the crankcase vent or a crack) then the engine is experiencing blow-by. I didn't comment on the JB Weld issue because everybody already had that question covered.

I wasn't trying to be a smartass, and I'm sorry if I raised an issue you would rather not think about. In the future I'll remember that you're a bit thin-skinned, and answer accordingly.

Chokey, Rez plays like this alot, and is a good sport as well as being helpful. I wouldn't take any offense to it. As a matter a fact a lot of us do because we have nothing better to do. :thumb:

Chokey, Rez plays like this alot, and is a good sport as well as being helpful. I wouldn't take any offense to it. As a matter a fact a lot of us do because we have nothing better to do. :thumb:

Because this is an "internet forum" and you guys aren't sitting across the table from me I take "most of it" with a grain of salt...with just a flick of a finger I can get rid of you...that's not my style...I want to ride it out which is why I continued with it. Yea I got a little "butt hurt" :cry: when you commented on "what kind of bike has......" because I am not the most techno-savy" guy in the world. I take pride in what I have learned since my dad knew less about mechanical stuff but knew anything/everything there was to know about sports. I guess you can say I know a little about a lot of things...

OK, enough of that shizzle...I figure in my thinking/verbiage my statement of the head being mounted to the top of the case was ALL inclusive with the cylinder being part of the whole thing. Yea, that's it...:P.

Chokey, Your in-put about the blow-by was taken seriously...I'm thinking that once I seal the gap it'll probably make it's way out the exhaust...I'll have to wait and see. I realy don't want to spend the money on tearing down the head/cylinder (gotcha) and split the case...If I can make this thing last until next year (maybe by next season :banana:) I'll have a newer bike. :ride:...as for you Chokey...:hug:

Geek, thanks for the support....:thumb:

Because this is an "internet forum" and you guys aren't sitting across the table from me I take "most of it" with a grain of salt...with just a flick of a finger I can get rid of you...that's not my style...I want to ride it out which is why I continued with it. Yea I got a little "butt hurt" :cry: when you commented on "what kind of bike has......" because I am not the most techno-savy" guy in the world. I take pride in what I have learned since my dad knew less about mechanical stuff but knew anything/everything there was to know about sports. I guess you can say I know a little about a lot of things...

OK, enough of that shizzle...I figure in my thinking/verbiage my statement of the head being mounted to the top of the case was ALL inclusive with the cylinder being part of the whole thing. Yea, that's it...:P.

Chokey, Your in-put about the blow-by was taken seriously...I'm thinking that once I seal the gap it'll probably make it's way out the exhaust...I'll have to wait and see. I realy don't want to spend the money on tearing down the head/cylinder (gotcha) and split the case...If I can make this thing last until next year (maybe by next season :banana:) I'll have a newer bike. :ride:...as for you Chokey...:hug:

Or, blow out your crankshaft main seals. :noidea:

Don't sweat it dude. You got insulted by something that wasn't meant to be an insult, and I got peeved over nothing. It's all good. :thumb:

As for the "blowing out the exhaust or blowing the main seals, unless the crankcase breather is plugged it will just do it's job and vent the excess pressure in the crankcase.

And I understand your reluctance to tear into it and possibly spend more money than you wanted to, but honestly, rings are $20, gaskets are $30, and a simple re-ring is a very easy 30 minute job. But if you're getting rid of the bike anyway I can see not wanting to do it.

Don't sweat it dude. You got insulted by something that wasn't meant to be an insult, and I got peeved over nothing. It's all good. :thumb:

As for the "blowing out the exhaust or blowing the main seals, unless the crankcase breather is plugged it will just do it's job and vent the excess pressure in the crankcase.

And I understand your reluctance to tear into it and possibly spend more money than you wanted to, but honestly, rings are $20, gaskets are $30, and a simple re-ring is a very easy 30 minute job. But if you're getting rid of the bike anyway I can see not wanting to do it.

You're right, for some reason I was thinking 2 stroke.:thumb: Glue that sumbatch, and lets ride.:banana:

I had a bit of blowby a few years back on my XR. Eventually the amount of oil being carried out of the breather got me to fix it. I was leaving a little puddle at every stop. It was getting on my boots. I couldn't take it any more. Still had plenty of power though. All I ended up doing was a hone and some new rings as the bore and piston were still within spec. The rings really were bad though. I think that they were about 5 times the worn out spec number.

Got to love the big bores. Things can be worn out and it still has enough power for almost anything.